Chapter 80 (Just revised)

Camille

I couldn't believe what Valentina had done with the ballroom in such a short time; she was a miracle worker.  

When I asked her about it she just said "Darling, I do so many things for people but never ask for anything in return so let's just say it's favors being repaid." It didn't matter to me, the room was absolutely gorgeous! She'd had a small platform erected at the very front of the room covered by a canopy of sorts and hanging from that canopy were white sheers, the she'd had about fifty chairs set up, at an angle, with platforms at the end of each row that held a candle arrangement and she said there would be rose petals thrown around those platforms right before the ceremony; the flower arrangements were going to be so amazing as well. 

Valentina said they would consist of pink hydrangeas, pink roses, pink carnations, pink daisies and then the greenery and white babies breath. I couldn't wait to see it! She was so excited to show Cassie and I the ballroom we just left our luggage sitting by the front door. When we were done talking about the room, flowers and such she showed us to our rooms; Cassie and my rooms were right next to each other and we shared a bathroom which would be beneficial. 

We showed Valentina our dresses, shoes and accessories and she had us follow her to the master bedroom to show us her dress. She had chosen and exquisite form fitting pink dress, knee length, covered with lace; the sleeves were three quarter sleeves, sheer with lace around the cuff and the neckline was the same sheer material with a lace applique near the right shoulder. With her dark hair and skin color she was going to look amazing in that dress.

"Darling" Valentina said walking over to her dresser. "Now I know you have the something 'blue' with your new garter, do you have something old?" she asked. I told her about the beautiful bracelet that Antonio had given me, the one that belonged to my Nona. "Well then, this will be your something borrowed" she said bringing out a red velvet box from the drawer. 

She opened and walked over to show Cassie and I what was in it. There was an elegant but dainty antique lace handkerchief inside. "This was Dominic's Nona's. She carried it when she married his grandfather and then I carried it when I married Valentino. I want you to carry it when you marry my son tomorrow" she said her eyes full of tears. 

"Valentina, I don't know what to say except thank you, thank you so much!" I cried as I threw my arms around her. She was by no doubt going to make the best mother-in-law ever. She had one other item for her, Dom's dad's wedding band! Her heart was so full!  

"My turn!" Cassie cried. "Here's your something new" she said handing me a small blue box. When I opened it up I found the most dazzling pair of diamond drop earrings! 

"Oh, Cass!" I breathed. "Wow, thank you!" I said hugging my best friend's neck. 

"I'm so happy for you, Cam. Really so very happy!" she replied. When we were done there Valentina said for us to follow her to the kitchen where we would stuff our faces; her words not mine!

We were having such a good time eating and talking then Valentina asked me about my hair. "Well" I said wiping my mouth with a napkin. "Cassie is fantastic with hair and makeup so I thought I would let her do it for my wedding" I looked over at my smiling friend. 

"Um" she said swallowing her food. "I thought that I would do a partial up-do since Camille has such gorgeous hair it will look amazing with the veil and it will showcase her beautiful earrings" she said throwing that in. We talked about makeup, etc. and then Cassie asked me something I hadn't even thought about. "Where are you guys going for your honeymoon?" 

I stopped, blinked a couple of times and then answered with "I don't know. Dom wouldn't tell me; he just said it was a surprise and hinted at what I should pack for clothing. Wow, I hadn't even thought about it because I was so caught up in everything else." We just laughed about it and his mom assured me that, knowing her son it would be a fantastic destination and not to give it a second thought. 

After we ate, Valentina had another surprise for me; she'd hired beauty experts to come over to wash and condition our hair, treat us to facials, pedicures and manicures. I had never experienced anything on this level before and it was exquisite!

I didn't know how we had managed to fit everything in that we did but it was almost eleven p.m. and we were exhausted. I had asked Cassie to get me up at seven, just to make sure that we had plenty of time to get all our tasks done without rushing around. I wanted to enjoy this experience because this would be the one and only time I was getting married. 

I hugged Valentina good night and told her thank you for everything that she had done for us tonight. 

"It was my pleasure and I can't think of anyone that I would rather have as a daughter than you" she said hugging me back. "Cassie I sincerely hope you enjoyed yourself and I can most definitely see why you and Camille are the best of friends. You are welcome here any time, my dear" Valentina said graciously. 

"Well I had a wonderful time and thank you so much for doing this for Camille" Cassie replied. After watching Valentina leave the room Cassie and I hugged one more time, checked our alarms, making sure one of us was set, and then she disappeared into her room. I took a quick shower, leaving my hair up because it had been professionally washed already. 

Picking up my phone I texted Dominic. 

Me: How are you doing, tesoro? I pressed SEND. He responded immediately. 

Dom: I'm good, tired, but good. How was your time with my mom? I just smiled at his response.

Me: It was amazing! I will tell you later all that she did for us and Dom, the room is so gorgeous...I just can't believe this is happening! I'm so happy! I pressed SEND. My phone pinged back. 

Dom: That sounds wonderful. She is an amazing person. I'm happy too and can't wait to watch you walk down with your father and become mine! I love you! Good night!

I was smiling so much my face was hurting but I climbed into bed and was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.