Chapter 94- One Lie to the Next

Don't mind the song. For some reason I just love it. It's not meant to make Eva seem creepy...even tho she is. Any who enjoy.

Eva P.O.V:

This wasn't my intention. Things weren't supposed to go this far. All I wanted was for Flynn to look bad. He deserved it. He seduced Harley with his perfect teeth and gorgeous eyes and- Ugh! I hated him. I just...wanted him to suffer and when I realized that Harley wasn't going to let go of him I had to do something. So, I told one little lie with a lot of truth. That Flynn was a player, that he was trying to seduce my girlfriend and...that he tried to hurt me.

I know it's insane and mean and crazy but no one was paying attention to me. And all the girls that "hated" Flynn were suddenly listening to me after that. Here's how it went.

I sat in the group of girls listening to them talk about their boyfriends and how much they hated their parents and how annoying they were and I had nothing to add. So, I blurted out the first thing that came to my head. "I think Harley's cheating on me with Flynn." That got their attention.

"Are you serious?,"one of the girls froze and looked at me. "Did you, like...see them?"

"No Becka,"another rolled her eyes. "She said she thinks. She isn't sure."

"But I can feel it,"I looked at her. "Harley's been acting weird. She spends more time with him than with me."

"Flynn's just an idiot. If Harley's smart she won't bother with him."

"Yeah,"another flipped her hair. "Harley's your girl. She's loyal. Speaking of loyal-" She turned away.

Just like that I was just the girl in the corner of the room again. The girl that didn't really matter...that no one really paid attention to.

I had to do something. Say something that would make them listen to me again..look at me again, like they did when I came out and when I kissed Harley infront of everyone. So I said the first thing that popped into my head; which I blame on the sexual harassment assembly we had that morning.

"Flynn tried to rape me,"I mumbled. My heart jumped. I didn't think they had heard me, until one of them looked at me in shock.

"Flynn did what?,"another said angrily.

I started feeling good again. They were paying attention. It didn't take long for me to cook up a story in my head and being a great actress, I started crying.

They listened to me as I told them everything...well not everything. I still had to work on putting the story in a place. The more people came, the more I repeated the story. And by the last time a said it, I had memorized it.

Everyone was hugging me and comforting me. Except for Heather. She stood with folded arms staring me deep into my eyes.

"Where did it happen?" I heard a voice at my right. It was Zoe.

She didn't seem to be concerned about what happened to me. I stared at her. I knew she was May's friend and she would probably go tell her what I said. I wasn't supposed to say what I said and I didn't want it to spread. But I knew it would. There was no stopping it. My lie was about to go viral. Real, fearful tears started flowing.

"When, Eva?" Zoe shouted at me aggressively and I jumped.

A girl hugged me. "What is wrong with you?" She looked at Zoe.

Zoe rolled her eyes and walked away.

After school everyone was crowding me. They were all so worried about me. It felt good, but I knew if I kept this up Flynn would probably go to prison. Maybe he deserved it. Maybe it would keep him away from Harley. Maybe this was a good thing.