Chapter 30 The Party pt.2

I walked out of the bathroom with a glass of water in my hand. Heather was standing by the wall with her phone in her hand and a grin on her face.

"I can't wait to show Eva this,"she giggled. "Harley's first drink. Hashtag wasted."

Flynn shook his head.

Carlton rushed over and grabbed his arm. "Come on man. We're gonna play pool." 

Flynn looked at me.

"She'll be fine,"Heather stood in front of me.

Flynn looked scared.

Carlton pulled him away.

"I'll go get us some drinks,"Heather walked away.

Alone at a stupid party.

*  *  *

I sat on the couch in the living room. Hayden and Flynn were playing pool with the guys. Heather walked over to me with a glass of juice.

I hesitated to take it.

"It's kool aid,"she smiled, sitting next to me.

I couldn't smell anything. Puking out of my nose messed with my sense of smell. I started choking. "That's really strong kool aid," I shut my eyes.

"Okay. I can't lie. It's not Kool laid."

"Really?,"I tilted my head at her. "I didn't notice."

"You'll get accustomed to it after the second drink."

My head started spinning. I suddenly felt light. "Come on,"I grabbed Heather's arm. "Let's go play pool,"I stood up.

"But the guys are-"

"So what?"

She got up with me.

We ran over to the guys. "We wanna play you guys next,"I smiled at them.

"What?,"Heather looked at me.

They boys looked at each other and chuckled.

"I'm not joking,"I folded my arms. "What? Are you afraid we might end up beating you?"

Heather stepped back. "I can't play."

"Alright,"I looked at the guys. "It's a one on one then. Who wants to play me?,"I put my hands on my hips.

Flynn looked at me with furrowed brows.

"I will,"Carlton stepped foward.

I smiled at him. "Let's play,"I grabbed the pool stick off the wall.

"Ladies first,"he grinned.

"You're right,"I smiled, standing straight and holding the stick. "...Aren't you gonna play?"

Everyone laughed, except for Flynn.

Carlton smiled and shook his head. He bent over and knocked the balls around the table with his stick. That's sounds wrong, I know. "Your turn,"he stood straight.

I smiled, walking around the table. I slowly bent over, pushing the stick between my fingers.

Flynn bent over beside me. "What's going on with you?,"he mumbled.

"Nothing. I'm fine. Now get out of my way. I need to concentrate."

I quickly knocked the white ball, hitting the eight ball and knocking two into a hole. I smiled at Carlton.

He raised his brows at me.

I knocked another two balls into the hole.

"Hayden,"I looked at him. "Can you get me a drink?"

Heather pulled out her phone again. "This is gonna be awesome."

*  *  *

"Drink me," I shouted. Someone handed me a cup. I drank it down like a shot. I knocked the last ball into the hole. I stood straight. "Who wants to play me next?,"I twirled the stick around like a baton.  I looked at the crowd surrounding the pool table. "No one?,"I smiled.

"You've played five of us,"Carlton shook his head. "We get it. You're the best."

"Girls rule!,"I shouted.

Everyone cheered.

Megan smiled at me. "Come on. You're cutting the cake with me,"she held my hand.

"What?"

"You didn't hear? Winner cuts the cake with me."

"Oh..okay."

I walked into the living room with her and everyone followed.

We knelt down by the table. The cake was huge.

"Start the song, Harley,"she looked at me.

"Oh- Happy Birthday-"

Everyone sang along.

I held Megan's hand as we cut the cake.

Carlton popped the champagne bottle. He started pouring it out in each glass. "Cheers to Megan's awesome eighteenth birthday!"

"Cheers to Megan!," I shouted. I felt something bubbling in my throat again. "Oh crap." I got up and ran to the bathroom.

*  *  *

I sat in Flynn's car. "Where's Hayden?,"I looked at him.

"I just told you,"he groaned. "He's taking Heather home."

"Oh...Where's Heather?"

He groaned.

"I'm kidding, babe,"I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Babe?,"he looked at me.

"Yeah. You're a babe? Heather's so lucky to have you."

He furrowed his brows at me. We drove into his drive way.

"I want you, Flynn. I like you."

"Harley, you're drun..."

I climbed on top of his lap. "Sure, I'm drunk, but this is soooo,"I swung my head around and then looked at him,"the truth."I put my forehead in his. "I think I'm in love with you."

He pit his hand on my back. "I'm in love with you,"his eyelashes touched my cheek.

I slowly leaned in and kissed him. "I love you, F-" My head started spinning. My head hit his shoulder and I passed out.