Chapter 3- A bat to the head

Everything was normal. The week went by and Flynn never spoke to me. All he did was stare with these "I will bury you alive" eyes. I just walked around proudly ignoring him. Then things went crazy.

Monday afternoon, May waited for me at my locker. She was freaking out. "What is it?,"I squinted at her.

"I...I,"she kept pausing,"Goodness, this is so hard!,"she fanned herself with her hand.

"Just say it-"

"-I SAW DANNY MAKING OUT WITH BRANDY IN THE STORAGE ROOM-"

"WHAT?," I pinned her arms against the locker.

"Okay. I ate jalapeño fries from the cafeteria lady and you how I get when I eat those. So I went to the bathroom and puked on the floor instead of the toilet-"

"Get to the point."

"Okay. I went to the storage room to get a mop, and I found Danny making out with Brandy."

"Where is he?,"I let her go.

"I think he's outside with the guys playing basketball, or baseball, or something."

I turned around and marched off. "I'm gonna kill him!"

"You're going the wrong way," May shouted at me.

I quickly spun around and started marching in the opposite direction.

She giggled.

"You're coming with me!"

"Oh come on!"

* * *
I looked at the field where the boys were playing. I took a deep breath and rushed unto the field.

"Get off the field!,"I heard one of the guys' shout. I ignored him. Danny cheated on me. I had to confront him. He was the catcher so he stooped directly behind Flynn, the batter.

"Danny,"I pushed his shoulder.

"What are you doing here?,"he looked up at me.

Not noticing my tiny presence on the field, the ball was thrown.

Flynn, that idiot, swung his bat, knocking me to the ground with one swoop.

* * *

When I opened my eyes, I thought I was in heaven. The blue eyed angel was knelt down next to me, with his face above mine. "Are you dead?,"he chuckled,"I can give you mouth to mouth if you want?"

And with that I got mad. I slowly sat up with a dizzy head. "What..what happened?"

"You don't remember?"

"Yes,"I looked at him with angry eyes,"I do! You hit me in the face."

"I'm really sorry for that."

"You better be...But why was I on the field in the first place?"

Flynn helped me up.

I looked at Danny.

He was standing by May. They were arguing.

I felt something run down my nose. "Gosh,"I touched my forehead, then looked at my hand. There was blood. I instantly began to cry. "You messed up my face!,"I pushed Flynn.

"Calm down,"he put his arms out infront of him,"You're still gorgeous."

I furrowed my brows at him.

"I mean...you're still hideous,"he held my wrist,"Come on. I'm taking you to the nurse."

As we walked past Danny and May, I squinted my eyes at Danny trying to remember what I was about to tell him.

He ran over to me, and grabbed my hand. "Hey, are you okay?"

"No...My head hurts,"I cried.

"Why did you come on the field in the first place?"

"I..don't remember."

He let out a sigh of relief, which was strange to me.

"But I will remember,"I squinted at him,"and when I do,"I looked at Flynn,"someone's in trouble."

"Well I know I didn't do anything to you,"he chuckled,"except hit you in the face with the bat."

Danny shook his head at him. "Come on,"he pulled my hand,"I'll take care of that head for you."

"I'm actually fine with Flynn. He's taking me to the nurse's office."

Danny let go of my hand. He didn't look very happy.

* * *

"Am I gonna need stitches,"I looked at the nurse as he walked over to his cabinet.

Yes, he. The principal trusted him. Besides, he was pretty hot, so everyone was fine with him...including me.

"No,"he chuckled, walking back over to me. "You don't need stitches. You were out for how long?"

"About three minutes,"Flynn jumped in,"I knocked her out for three minutes."

"You're saying that like you've accomplished something good," Gabriel, the nurse, put alcohol on some cotton.

"No, I feel bad. If my mom finds out I hit the neighbor's daughter she'll freak out. She'll think it's pay back."

"What? Did you do something to him?,"Gabriel put the cotton on forehead.

I jumped at the pain.

"Wow,"Flynn laughed,"With all the cuts on your arm, I would think you could take the pain."

"These aren't cuts you idiot. It's scratches from my cousin's cat."

Gabriel wrapped my head with a bandage.

"You think that because I wear black lipstick, I slice my arm like a carrot? You shouldn't judge people like that."

Flynn sat with his mouth shut. He was ashamed. He needed to be ashamed. You shouldn't judge.

I stood up.

"You owe her,"Gabriel took his gloves off and looked at Flynn.

"I know,"Flynn held my hand.

I furrowed my brows at him.

He smiled at me then opened the door,"You're coming home with me-"

"-What?"

"I'm dropping you home."

"Whatever."

"Why? Do you want to come with me?"

"Idiot!,"I pulled my hand away and walked down the hallway.

"Do you?,"he ran after me.

* * *

After a long ride of listening to Kanye West and dubstep music, we pulled up into his driveway.

His girlfriend was seated on the steps waiting for him. She stood up when he got out of the car.

"Baby,"she hugged him.

I got out and walked over to the sidewalk.

"Did she just get out of your car?,"Heather shouted at him.

"Uh-Yeah, I hit her in the head with a baseball bat. It's a long story."

That I couldn't seem to remember.