Chapter 24

I heard the footsteps approaching me in the dark and I knew, I was in danger. My heartbeat raised as the silhouette came nearer. Instantly my hand went towards my back to grab my revolver and shit! In midst of all this haste, I had completely forgotten to stack myself up with all the security measures and I realized, I was trapped.

The figure came closer and his face became clearer under the moonlight. After a few seconds, I was standing in front of Mr. Styles... face to face... my life in danger! I felt a chill creeping through my spine instantly as a cold piece of metal touched my arm. I looked down and saw a knife in Mr. Styles' hand which was now placed on my arm stroking it gently.

Mr.Styles caught the glimpse of fear in my eye and smirked.

"Are you scared Taylor." He said grinning at me, "if you ask me I suggest you should be."

Well, the truth was that I was actually scared as hell. I know being a pro spy this wasn't expected from me, but the fact was that I was standing in front of a murderer with a absolutely no weapon for my defense.

"What do you want?" I asked... I know, it was such a stupid question to ask, but I had to.

"I thought you are clever enough to have guessed it by now... so, are you actually that dumb or you are just pretending to be."

I literally shivered at the thought of what was going to happen to me. I was just a few minutes away from my death, but I was a black belt and accurately trained in self-defense. I just couldn't have given up because I was feeling low at confidence level.

I took a deep breath and with all the power punched him directly on his face, "Awww...you..." and then he kept screaming in pain and calling my names while I ran for my safety. I climbed down the stairs with a speed of a jet and reached for the door.

"Shit! Shit!" I cursed myself as I tried to open the door. How could I have forgotten that they have a very high tech locking system.

"Well, you can get out if you want to," said Mr. Styles as he climbed down the stairs. "Go ahead," he said as he moved towards me. He came towards me and grabbed me by my hair and dragged me to the corner of the hall.

"You have to pay for hitting me girl," he said with fiery eyes and then in a fraction of seconds, he stroked a cut on my arm. Blood started dripping from my arm and shot of pain made me wince and scream. The blood stained my gray t-shirt and my hand as I tried to cover up my wound with it.

"Why are you doing this, why?" I screamed in anger.

"Liked you don't know girl. I would have never have done this if you were not their daughter. Your parents made my life such a hell... they were so noisy. If only they had minded their own business, I would have never have to be a murderer, but they were so stubborn. And yes, for a second I could have forgiven you too, but unfortunately you turned out to be exactly like them... stubborn and noisy! Now letting you be alive is a threat to my existence and I, my dear don't let anybody or anything, ever get in my way and if that happens, I know very well, how to make my way clear," he said while putting the knife on my neck and then he threw back his head and started laughing.

"Now count to three and make a wish....."