Chapter 4

As I went back to my apartment, my mind was full of questions.

1. Why was Anns acting so sweet?
2. Why was Anne so friendly?
3. If the Styles' were actually hiding something why did she let me in so easily?

Well, I know, I'll have to be patient to know the answers, but there's one thing I am sure of and that is, Mrs Anne Styles is just a venomous snake hiding behind the disguise of a sweet Nightingale!

At around 7 pm, the doorbell rang.

"Hi!" Said Anne as I opened the door.
"Hello Mrs. Styles come in," I replied with a smile.

She walked in gracefully and sat on the couch.
"So what's up?" I asked.
"Well, I was getting a bit bored, so I thought why not go and visit my sweet neighbor."
"Oh, you can be here anytime."

"You must be going to school?"
"Yes, I do." I lied. Being a spy doesn't allow me to attend school due to reasons only Louis knows, so I've been home-schooled for since I became a spy.
"Um... so was school off today for some reasons?"
"No actually, we've been given this project for which we have to stay at home."
"Ok... do you live alone?"
"Yes. But I have a guardian who looks after me."

"That's good. You must've someone to take care when you're young, you know. Otherwise things can go wrong," she said looking down at the floor. It was at this moment that I realized a shot of pain in her voice. I should make note of that.

"Yeah, you're right. Anyway I must tell you that the bread was awesome."
"Seriously? You liked it?"
"I loved it!"

Mrs. Anne blushed at that moment.