Chapter 14

Finally I have never been so happy to have a Monday get here so much. So you maybe asking me why that maybe, I'll give you three good reasons. One my mom is bugging me to choose a side, two Joel keep saying the he will kill me when, and if I choose Adam, and three my sister is starting to cling to me like a growth. Joel is now taking me to the border, to meet Adam, and to go with Adam.

We walked up, and Adam was standing there with only a hoodie, which was unzipped showing off his amazing abs. I couldn't help but to run, and jump into his arms, when I saw him. When he caught me I could hear the relief go with his sigh. With his arms around me I didn't want to leave, his heat, strength, and love was coming of him filling me with happiness. 

"I'm  so glad to have you back in my arms. What happened while you were over there." He said still holding me in his arms. 

"I made a deal that I can't talk about you while I'm over there, and when I get over here I can't talk to you about what happened. At least here." I whispered the last part, hoping Joel didn't hear. 

I went to turn around and say goodbye to Joel, and to thank him, for making this deal, but he was gone. Adam and I went back to the safe house. Once we got in Gordan came over and gave me a hug as well. 

"Bailey, you are to never put me through that ever again." 

"Put you through what?"

"Okay, so since you left I have been having to hear Adam's thoughts which are-" 

"Shut up!" Adam growled through his teeth. 

He grabbed my arm pulling me the couch, and placing me down on his lap. 

"I know what you thinking, but the reason why I am doing this is because I just need you with me every second, of all the days that you are here. I love you Bailey, and I will no matter what you choose." 

"Can I ask you something?"

He nodded.

"If I were to first choose them, but then realize afterwards that I am truly in love with you would you take me back?"

"Always." 

I smiled, and leaned in kissing him, oh how I missed the feeling. We were interrupted by the clearing of a throat. We looked up, and it was my father. 

"Adam do you mind if I speak to my daughter alone?"

"I have nothing to do with you, and I don't want to hear anything you have to say. I won't even talk to my mother while I a over there. Do you really think I'm going to listen to you? I don't even know you." I said, getting off Adam's lap, and got into his face.

"That's not my fault that your mother kept you from me." He yelled getting in my face.

Adam growled getting up, placing his hand on the guy's shoulder backing him up. 

"Eric, you need to leave now. If she doesn't want to talk, or listen to you then don't force her." 

Eric's face softened when he said. 

"Yes Alpha." And he left. 

"Bailey why don't you want to talk to him?"

" Because this is going to be my decision, so I don't want my parents to get involved in making it. I don't want to know what they have to say. I'm sorry." 

"It's not me you should be saying sorry to. It's him, he needs to understand why you are making this decision. And not yell at him. Bailey you're not as strong as the rest of us, because you didn't know about it until a week ago." 

"I don't want anything to do with my mom, or dad right now. I'm tired can we just go to bed?"

"Yeah sure." 

He picked me up, making me laugh, and carried me up to the bedroom. He sat me down on the bed, walked over to the dresser and got a pair of shorty shorts, and a sports bra, handing it to me. He was a gentleman turning his back so I could change. We crawled into bed and he was asleep instantly it took me awhile to fall asleep. Thinking about a happy future I could have with him, but the sad one that would follow, when Joel tries to kill the both of us. I love Adam way more than Joel, but I can't put him in danger just to have the future I want. I need to protect him, with everything. Even if that means living with the hunters. I hope he can forgive me for doing this. To protect Adam I choose Joel.

I got up, getting dressed, and headed to the border. I was at the line, when a arm was around my arm. I turned to see Gordan. 

"What are you doing?"

"I have to protect Adam from them, which is why I have to be with them." 

"Oh my god you are dumb, if you go over there then they will still try to kill him, so no matter who you choose, you are putting him, and this pack in danger. Bailey you love him, and he loves you. I know it. You can't leave. Please. I don't beg for anything but, I can't have you do this for him, and this pack, listen to your heart was is it telling?"

"To stay but I can't." 

I started to cry, and Gordan gave my a hug.

"Please stay Bailey we love you here."

I pushed him away and went running across the border. I looked back and said. 

"I'm sorry."