Chapter 8: Cabin

"Hey nice dive." Adam said. 

I walked over panting like a dog. 

"Thanks I always have to." 

"Here." He said handing me a bottle of water. 

"What do you want to do tonight?" I asked.

"Well what do you want to do?"

"I was going to go to the game, but if you don't want to that's totally fine." 

"No we can go." 

"Okay."

"Well let me drop you off at your place to wash up, and I'll pick you up around 7:30." 

When we got home he walked me to the door. He said. 

"You might want to take a shower," then he whispered in my ear. "because you smell really bad." 

'Wow that's what every girl wants to hear." 

He laughed and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I went inside and I saw my mom at the table with the man from the other day. She had a guilty look on her face. She said to me. 

"Honey we need to talk."

"About?"

"Your Father."

"What about him, you said he died before I was born."

"I know, but I lied."

"What?"

. I can't live under your roof anymore."

"Do you remember this man?"

"Yes he was here the other night."

"Well he's your father."

Everything that I knew in my life seemed to fall apart right before my eyes, the longer I looked at this man I never knew, I could see myself. All the moments I knew in my childhood, everything my mother told me was a lie. I began yelling, and shedding tears right in front of my mother. 

"How could you keep this from me? So is everything in my life a lie? Why now, of all times would you tell me this? Didn't you think I had the right to know?"

"Honey-"

"No don't honey me. I don't even know who you are anymore. T he mother I once knew would have never kept this from me. I can't trust you anymore." I said heading to my room. 

I flung my door open grabbing a suitcase packing it. Kattey pocked her head in. 

'Where do you think your going?"  she asked. 

"I'm going to live with Adam

I pulled out my phone and called Adam and asked.

'Can you come, and get me. I'll explain later.' 

Ten minutes later he pulled up. I walked out with my case. He was stunned but helped me put it in the trunk, and didn't ask any questions. Once I got in I let the tears flow. 

'Bailey what happened?"

'I'll tell you later can you just please get me out of here."

He drove to a log cabin. Walking in a huge chandelier hung down over the living room. 

"This way."  He said walking up stairs. 

Opening the first door on the left. He through my case on the bed, and said. 

"Okay, so the bathroom is across the hall my room is two doors down on the right, there's food in the fridge, TV down stairs. I f you need anything just let me know."

He left the room, and went towards the stairs. I wanted to get out of my tennis cloths. I had my shirt off when I heard the clearing of a throat. Obviously Adam hadn't gone down stairs. When I turned around I could see the redness forming in his cheek. 

"Um sorry. I was going to ask if you still wanted to go to the football game?' 

'No thanks I would rather just sit around here is you don't mind."

'Not at all." He left and went down stair.

I got a pair of booty shorts, and tank top. Went to take a shower. Once I got out I noticed I forgot to bring my bra. While I was tip toeing across the hall I saw a dark figure. I turned to look at him. 

"Well look at you." 

I tightened the towel around me. He chuckled because that seemed to only amuse him. 

"Don't worry, I can't touch you. I actually want to live. Oh hey Adam."

He was looking over my shoulder. I looked back to see Adam racing up the stairs. H e seemed tense. 

"Gordan."

"Oh come on little bro is that all you have to say, Gordan?" 

My eyes never left Adam's face. He looked down at me noticing I was in a towel. 

"Bailey you should go get a shirt on. You I will see down stairs."

I went to my room, and put my bra and shirt on. The door flung out scaring me. A women was standing there. Gordan came and placed his hands on her shoulders. 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, easy. She is no harm to us. YET!"