1.1| An Arrival of Snow

FIRST ARCUldard-— The Prelude arc —-

FIRST ARC
Uldard
-— The Prelude arc —-

FIRST ARCUldard-— The Prelude arc —-

( 1 )
C H E L L

By the time the sun was at its midday point, her destination was already in sight.

The grand kingdom of Uldard, crown gem of the southeast, spread out before her. Located beside the ocean of Tyy, it held the advantage of trade relations from places both on land and beyond its foreign seas, making it well-known throughout the continent of Terrall for its prosperous economical state. Hundreds of people often went there in hopes of seeking brighter opportunities and grand beginnings; be it merchants who wished to expand their trade, scholars who desired to further their thirst for knowledge, and families hoping for a new start. It didn't matter what language someone spoke in, what color of skin they had, or which culture they descended from. Uldard seemed to welcome them all with opened gates that beckoned them inside.

However, there was still an exception.

Beneath its grand welcoming facade, Uldard was also famed for its abhorrence towards the witchfolk.

Much of the original reason has been forgotten, but within the rumors that float between those who dared to talk about it,  Uldard's royalty harbored an intense hatred toward their kind because of a conflict that happened before the peace treaty one hundred years in the past. Though Uldard was respected for its military power, it offered little to no protection for the witches and wizards who dared to visit its domain.

As a result, it was an unspoken rule for those from the witchfolk to keep their identities a secret in order to remain safe. If they were ever found out, witch hunters had the freedom to arrest them, innocent or guilty.

To the mortalfolk, Uldard was a place of hope, of light, of possible fortune. To the Witchfolk, it was a place of danger. Once they stepped inside, no one would be able to guarantee their lives.

Chell had no idea why the dead had led her to that place, of all others.

As the towering front gates came nearer and nearer before her, the girl stared intently at the multicolored roofs and palace towers peeking from the high walls. She could clearly hear the loud bustle of life even from their distance.