Billionaire Baby Deal Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

I noted my arm hurt where I'd had bloods taken from there but I brushed it off desperate to know for sure.

We both stood, I slipped a pair of slippers on near the bed and began following the doctor out of my room. I noted that I was no longer in my black dress and instead was wearing one of my own knee length nighties. As we walked along the sterile corridor, not a soul was in sight in passing.

My hand crept into Diego's and I felt him firmly entwine his fingers in mine, lifting the back of my hand to his lips.

Dr Gardener lead us into another sterile room. One simply with a recliner white chair and a computer screen.

I made myself comfortable on the chair and followed doctor Gardeners instructions.

I paled as he placed a condom over a large wand and added some kind of liquid to it.

"Do not worry," Dr. Gardener smiled, "It will not hurt much."

Embarrassed, I clung to Diego's hand as the doctor inserted the wand and began pressing buttons on the computer.

"Hmm," His brows knitted together as he concentrated.

Diego's hand tightened in my own and I stared at his beautiful face to distract me. His lips were pursed as he stared intently at the doctor, desperate to know.

I shut my eyes, waiting to hear the dreaded words.

Clock ticking filled up the silence as Diego and myself held our breaths.

"I really did love this baby, Diego." I whispered, my eyes beginning to water.

Diego pressed a kiss to my hand, "Me too, mi amour. Me too."

Tap.... Tap.... Tick.... Tock.... Tap.... Tap.... Tick.... Tock....

"Well," Dr Gardener let out a breath, removing the internal scan. Diego and I hung on to his every word. A smile spread across his face as he announced, "Everything is going well. You're measuring between six to seven weeks at the moment at my estimate. We will get a better idea at your twelve week scan."

Hot tears of releif over-filled my eyes. Thank god!

"However..." The doctor swung the computer screen around and turned the sound on. My eyes focused on the screen unsure what I was looking at. "... You are expecting triplets. Congratulations."

My jaw dropped in shock as I stared at the screen, eyes widening as three sacs came into view. Constant drumming rang in my ears. My Jelly Bean was actually Jelly Beans?

"Triplets?" Diego boomed truimphantly, "But that's impossible!"

"Actually, Senor Mendez," Dr. Gardener interupted, "It's not. I can see three foetal sacs and I can hear three clear, strong heartbeats."

I felt as though I'd been in a match and took too many hits to the head as I stared at the screen in shock. How could this even be?

"In some cases of artificial insemination, the drugs Alley underwent would have stimulated her to release more than one egg. It can happen, usually for couples that are finding it difficult to conceive gives them more chances." Dr. Gardener began explaining, "However, Alley is a perfectly healthy twenty-three year old woman. Under the influence of those drugs, her body has produced more than the one egg."

"So what happens now?" I asked, my voice hesitant as I took in all of the information provided.

Dr. Gardener smiled and replied, "You simply let nature take its course. You'll need to have regular routine checks to ensure that you and the babies are healthy."