I Thought You Were On Her Side!

I sit there in the living room trying to look like I'm listening to my parents, but that is the least of my thoughts or worries. In just a couple hours I will be meeting with Shizuka Hio in order to rescue Yagari-sensei from the Senate's grasp. It's a scary thought, my imminent death. I still have so much to live for though. I have dreams to accomplish. It seems those dreams won't be met though. I made sure of it. I just hope my family, the Hunter's Association, Yagari-sensei, Kaname, and Zero can forgive me someday for this.

"Well? What do you have to say for yourself young lady?" My mom says putting her hands to her hips. I look up at her hazel eyes, and smile.

"Nothing. I disobeyed you. That's all." I say with a shrug. My mom sputters before standing up straight. I guess she expected me to yell, throw a fit, or say something only a smart ass would.

"I'll go to my room. Here my cellphone and MP3." I hand her them, and walk to my room without another word. I'm pretty sure I left a huge impression on them. Good thing they're oblivious when something is wrong with me.

I lie in my bed. Wondering what I should do to kill the time. I don't want to sleep though. Sleep is the last thing I want to do. I look in towards my sister's room, but they're all in the living room. I open the window, slide up the screen, and slip out of the window. I can at least enjoy walking around town for a good bit.

                                                                         ~0~

I'd walked around town for hours until the time closed in. I'm sure my parents are frantically searching for me, but I moved around constantly, and hid in the shadows. Maybe they didn't notice I was gone at all.

I reached the cemetery with ten minutes to spare, and the front gate is already locked, so I climb over the low fence, and walk over towards the pond of the cemetery. I sit on a bench, and wait for the arrival of Shizuka and Ichiru.

I tense as a breeze blows by me, and with it carrying cherry blossom petals. I gulp, and look at the tree beside me filling with cherry blossoms. Kind of lovely since this is a willow tree. Guess I can die beautifully when she is ready to take my blood.

Once the petals bloom, Shizuka slowly makes her way from the other side of the tree. Ichiru makes his presence known right after. I look between them. Shizuka looks at each of my pockets. "The weapons." I grimace, but reach for them. "Stop. I want Ichiru to get them." I give her a look of disbelief, but Ichiru is already approaching me. He stands in front of me, and reaches towards my pockets. Pulling out Black and Blue Rose from me.

He gives me a look I can't decipher before backing up. He stands beside Shizuka, and she smiles. Looking down on me. "I'm unarmed. Now you take me to Yagari-sensei." Shizuka starts to laugh, and shakes her head. 

"I don't think you remember our deal." I look at her confused. "You'd offer me your blood if I gave you information on Toga Yagari. We never agreed that I'd take you to him." I gasp, and curse that I didn't think my offer through. I was so caught up with trying to rescue Yagari-sensei that I didn't think things clearly. Kaito was right I'm useless, hopeless, and an idiot. I just threw my life away for nothing. I'm the only one who knows where Yagari-sensei is, and I doubt Shizuka or Ichiru is going to tell the Hunter's Association where he's at.

"It's so easy to fool an inexperienced child. It's a pity. I was having so much fun with you, but now I have your blood." Shizuka's eyes glow crimson as the petals around her rage. Blinding me from her, but I can be sure she'll make a grand appearance behind me. I'm not going to move. I never go back on my word. Either way I look at it I'm going to die, so there's no point in fighting back.

I feel Shizuka's arm wrap around my arms, and her other hand going to my chin. Tilting my head to the side. My brown hair sliding away from the left side of my neck. I gulp, but fight the urge to fight. "Any last words?" She questions near my neck.