The Free Period

Well I had a free period, but I had no idea what I was meant to do in it. I had no friends yet, the only one I had made was in a lesson, and I had no idea where to go. So I just wondered around. I kept walking until I came to the canteen. I saw food. My stomach rumbled. My destination had been found.

There were some other kids there buying and eating food, along with teachers. I bought a bowl of pasta and sat down. On my own. I slowly ate my pasta, looking around for no one and everyone, maybe a random person to say hi and sit next to me, to keep me company.

"Alisha?" a voice came from behind me. A deep voice. A strong, deep, familiar voice. I had almost eaten the pasta, but there was a buzzing in my stomach. Not from the food then.

So I turned around. And there he was. Tall, blonde, handsome.

"Hi." I said with a surprise. Did I just call him handsome? Well, it wasn't a lie. And telling the truth isn't a sin.

"Feeling a bit alone are we?"

Please. No.

"So am I. I've actually just joined. Big place isn't it?" He sat down opposite me.

Yes.

Why yes? Why am I pleased?

"Yeah it is. I have a free period and I saw the canteen and thought why not?" Really. I'm being this casual with a teacher. Well, a little informality never hurt anyone.

"So do I." He sipped his coffee. "I've got a lot of filing to do. This will be just the right time to do it."

"Would you like some help?"

Wait. Did I just-

"Are you sure? It's quite a heavy load."

I can handle any load.

"I'm sure I can handle it. I've got nothing else to do anyway." I smiled.

"Really? Thank you so much Alisha. I really owe you one." He gave a gratified grin. He seemed so innocent. Yet so devilishly dark at the same time. Maybe it's just me. Probably just me.

Before I knew it I was back in 221B. Alone, with my teacher. Again.

"Thanks so much for helping out again." He said as he appeared with a stack of files just like the ones before, but this time from under his desk.

I did as I'd promised, helped him out with his files. There was one file left and it had to go on the top shelf at the back of the room. The top shelf that I couldn't reach.

I could always step on a chair. So I did. I moved the chair across and stepped up to place the file. Mr Cumberbatch had gone with half the files to the room next door. I could do this myself, surely. I stretched my hand but I couldn't quite reach the ledge. I tiptoed to go closer. Almost there..

"Alisha I've done- ALISHA-"

I screamed. I fell.

I felt a table beneath me. I felt a body on top of me. I had my eyes tight shut and strong grip on something. Something firm but soft. Something warm. It was close to me. So close. I held my breath. I felt it on me, pressing against me. I loosened my grip and dared to open my eyes. And I looked straight into his. The bright blue of the ocean before me. I saw them, stunned and wide open, looking at me. But still, calm as the ocean itself. And they calmed me. I finally breathed. And my senses came alive. His chest against my own, an arm as a barrier on one side of me, and one hand just under my head. Protecting me. Not allowing me to get hurt. Pulling me towards him. And we looked into each other.

oooo things are hotting up guys, will update very soon :)