The Homework and Mel

"So class, your homework is to write a poem, a romantic poem, [class groans] yes, yes I know- but I'm sure you're more than capable, that you might write to someone you love. Perhaps a crush? Someone that caught your eye on your way here? Someone you quite like? Even a famous person. And don't worry, you have a full week to write it in, just make sure it's good. Okay?" He smiled and said. Well, that's no problem for me, poetry is my strong point. But who to write it about?

As I was pondering the bell rang again, and everyone started to pack and leave. I packed my things still thinking of someone to write it about. I had a week didn't I? Might stumble across a crush in 7 days. Although knowing me that was highly unlikely, I always seemed to go for men and not boys. No offence to them of course. I guess it was just part of growing up and my hormones or something. I'll make it up if I have to.

"Hello?" a voice said near me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned to the side and the girl I was sitting next smiled brightly at me.

"Hey, I'm Mel. I noticed you answering a lot of questions that lesson, boy am I glad I'm sitting next to you!"

I laughed. "Oh no but thank you! I'm Alisha." I almost went for a hand shake like Sir had before I controlled myself.

Mel started walking. "So what's your next class?"

I took out my timetable from my pocket and checked. "Oh. I have a free period."

"Lucky. I've got Economics," We walked into the corridor. "Well see ya!"

"Bye!" I shouted back. Aw. She was nice.

Boring chapter I know, but these things may play a big role later on ;)