Chapter seven: Courtney's background

Courtney's POV

"Courtney are you ok?" Thea asked after Carter's episode stopped. I grabbed my hand.
"Yeah sure, this is something I have experienced before. Actually I've experienced worst." I said putting my bones back into place.
"Nothing hurts more then broken bones" Thea stated.
"You haven't had a miscarriage darling" I slapped my hand over my mouth and ran out of the room. I started to cry as I sat on the steps at the front of Star Labs not knowing where to go without Carter.
"Hi, are you ok?" A young woman asked and sat down.
"I'm fine" I sniffled and faked smile at her.
"Hey I know what that really means what's wrong?" She asked.
"My brother is in there with some sickness and I just told a room full of strangers my deepest darkest secret and I bet they will be tell Oliver right now" I put my head on my knees.
"Why would they tell Oliver?" She asked.
"Because he is my family."
"You're Oliver Queen's sister" she sounded unconvinced.
"Yeah, I found out a month ago" I told her before walking away. I walked around the block ten times before going back inside.
"Courtney we were worried sick about you" Thea hugged me but I flipped her when she came close.
"Sorry, reflex." I helped her up.
"Why do you guys keep running away?" Laurel asked I shrugged.
"I needed to clear my head"
"You've been out all night" Barry told me. "I looked for you"
"Nah really?" I said sarcastically.
"Courtney" Carter said sternly. I ran over to him and hopped onto the bed and hugged him. I fell asleep almost instantly.

Carter's POV
"I looked for you" Barry told Courtney, where did she go?
"Nah really?" She asked with high levels of sass.
"Courtney" I warned. Her face lit up and she ran to me and hopped onto the bed and fell asleep.
"What happened?" I asked the others confused.
"You broke her hand when you had your last fit." Detective West told me.
"Then she got emotional and left" Barry stated. 
"Yeah Thea was like Nothing hurts more than broken bones and she was like you haven't had a miscarriage... Oh"
"Cisco" everyone turned on him.
"Forget I said anything" he nervously chuckled.
"What?!" I growled.
"Forget it, it was a thing of the past" The dr lady told me.
"Don't tell me what to do" I growled. Why would me sister have a miscarriage before she even has a boyfriend?
"Carter I know you are upset but hear us out." The detective told me.
"Fine" I stared at them with a blank face.
"Ok your sister is hurting, with you getting sick and everything. She seems stressed out of her mind" the dr told me.
"Yep ok can we leave now?" I asked.
"I'll check your vitals first" the dr said.
"Bright light in eyes of an epileptic, good luck with that" I sassed at her.
"Carter!" Thea warned.
"Thea!'' I used the same tone as she did. The dr took my blood pressure and all the tests.
"Carter?" Court said weakly.
"Hey court were getting out of here I'm ready to go" I got up and put my hoodie on and we walked out of the building. We hopped on the train to Starling City. Thea and the other lady hopped on but went nowhere near us which was good since they are super clingy.
"Are you sure you are ok?" Courtney asked for the hundredth time.
"Yes, when will you talk to me about what the guy said?" I asked. She looked out the window.
"Remember when we were twelve and I went to hospital with kidney stones?"
"Yeah"
"We'll I made the doctor lie to you, I was having a miscarriage for what happened to me two months before that"
"What happened two months before that?" I pushed.
"That night we were separated, a guy dragged me into a... a... an alley and he..." She had tears flooding out of her eyes.
"I'm here, I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you" I sat next to her and hugged her.
"That's why I train harder so that doesn't happen again."
"You two are too young to be travelling without an adult" the conductor flashed a light at us.
"Close your eyes Carter" Courtney ordered and I obeyed.
"Please sir my brother is Epileptic and shining that in his eyes will cause him to have a seizure" Courtney explained.
"I'm sorry. But you kids should be with an adult" he told us.
"Is  something the matter sir?" Laurel asked as she and Thea walked over.
"We can't even go to the bathroom for five minutes without you two getting in trouble" Thea added.
"Sorry sis, I'm sorry for talking wrongfully to you sir I was just concerned for my brother's health" Courtney apologized.
"There wasn't too much trouble ma'am, these kids were alone and I was concerned about their plans, lots of kids running away these days" the conductor reassured.
"Thank you sir for the concern" Thea and Laurel sat down across from us and he left. 
"Thanks" I half smiled.
"Oh my god he IS capable of smiling" Thea said.
"Don't push it" I warned her.