Prologue

Carter's POV

"Carter take Court to the special hide place" our mother told me waking me
"Why Momma?" I asked her jumping off the bed
"A naughty person is coming" she told me and ran out. I woke up my twin sister Courtney.
"We have to hide" I dragged her to the panel in our wardrobe and push the hidden door open and pushed Courtney into the secret room. I climbed in after her and closed the door.
"Where are they?" A man yelled coming into our room. I put my hand over Courtney's mouth.
"They went to a friends house to sleep over" we heard mom's voice. There was silence then... BANG. A gun went off.

"Mom" I yelled sitting upright in my bed.
'why does that nightmare keep coming?' I felt that Courtney was having the same nightmare. I ran out of the my room which I share with our Foster brother Phoenix. I ran into Courtney and Hannah's room and shook Courtney awake.
"It's just a dream you're not there wake up we are not three anymore" I told her, she was sweating and crying.
"Carter its happening again" Courtney cried into my shoulder.
"I know, we have to go back" I told her.

Courtney's POV

I was tossing and turning in my sleep dreaming of mom.
"We have to hide" Carter dragged me to the panel in our wardrobe and he push the hidden door open and pushed me into the secret room. He climbed in after me and closed the door.
"Where are they?" A man yelled coming into our room. Carter put his hand over my mouth.
"They went to a friends house to sleep over" we heard mom's voice. There was silence then... BANG. A gun went off.

I felt something shaking me to wake up, I was freezing cold, crying and shaking.
"Carter it's happening again"
"I know, we have to go back." We started packing our things carefully, trying not to wake up anybody up, since that's the last thing we need right now. Just as I was done packing I made my way downstairs to pack food because it will be a long journey.
"Hey I found out how we can get there, it will take at least 4 days though." Carter came up and helped me finish with food and water.
"Okay, where do we have to go first and how will we get there?"