Chapter 2

Carter's POV

I woke myself up just before the nightmare could start. Courtney was still asleep and she wasn't having the nightmare. I walked into the wheelhouse where James was driving the boat.

"Couldn't you sleep?" He asked sipping his coffee.

"No it was coming I could feel it." I told him, he was like our young father.

"Do you want to drive? You're 14 now you could drive a boat at 14 if you have someone over the age of 18." He explained

"Cool" once we were in the open sea James gave me the helm and I drove us towards the island. With the guidance of James I drove for 4 hours until we got close to a port where James took the Helm to park, pick up and drop off Passengers. I assisted James with collecting tickets and assigning placements for the passengers after 20 minutes we were off. 2 hours passed and Courtney made her way into the Wheelhouse.

"Am I still dream? How long have you been driving this thing?" she bombarded me with questions.

"Relax I've only Driven for 6 hours give or take" I smiled at her briefly before watching out for other boats and wildlife.

It's been three days since we boarded the ship. Court and I have been fairly good with our hallucinations and attacking other passengers we have only do it once, which is I record for us since we were attacking at least 6 times a day. Today is our last day on the boat before we have a three hour walk to the fort where we will be training and improving our fighting skills and to find out what the Nightmares mean.

Courtney's POV

We started our long hike into the jungle surrounding the training centre. The hike is a part of the training as we have to avoid traps and fight the guards who don't recognise us. One of the guards stopped fighting us as he started to remember.
"These two have been here before" he stopped the other four. There was 8 but they are piled up in that corner over by the forest edge. We could see the front gate to the castle/ training centre.
"How's it going Fern?" Carter and Fern shook hands.
"Not too bad trying to not get killed the usual" I hugged him he was like a supportive big brother to both of us.
"We'll see you tonight?" I asked him.
"Sure" we grabbed our makeshift weapons and ran to the gate. Day one was done now 20 more until this is over.