T H I R T Y - S I X

Start from the beginning

"Just for that, I'm not coming over tonight"

"No wait!"

"I gotta go Ethan!" I smirk into the camera and end the video call.

-----

I sit at the corner of the coffee shop as I impatiently tap my fingers on the table.

She said she would be here 15 minutes ago, and I swear to god if she doesn't come I'm gonna-

"Sorry I'm late Malia" she puts her bag next to her as she sits down and I nod.

"I was helping Ange-" she stops when she sees that I give her a look at I roll my eyes.

"This is why we can't get along" I say before taking a sip from my coffee. "But anyways, lets talk about the bridesmaids"

"Well, the colors were gonna be red and white and I wanted them to have a black belt around the wai-"

I choke on the cold coffee and I put my hand up, signaling for her to stop talking. "The fuck, this isn't Christmas! Do you want us to look like Santa Claus and shit?"

"Is there anything you say that doesn't involve cursing?" She sighs and looks through the menu.

"Shit. Fuck. Motherfucker. Piece of shit. Asshole. Cunt. Bastard. Perra. Puto. Hijo su puta madre. Baboso. Chinga tu puta ma-"

"Enough Malia! What the hell is wrong with you?" She scolds me and I begin to laugh.

"You just had to throw in some spanish too didn't you?" My mom asks before the waitress comes over and my mom orders before turning back to the conversation.

"Is there anything you say that doesn't involve Angelina?" I cross my arms and lean back in my seat.

I shrug and drink from my cup. "Well, the ideas for the dresses sucked, and I don't want to be in it. So I'll make it easier for you" I put the cup of coffee to the side and I lean forward.

"Give me the money and I'll buy whatever dress I want because I'm not gonna wear a dress that looks like Santa Clauses suit"

"Malia, I never raised you like this, don't be greedy"

"No mom, you didn't raise me like this. But this is for you cheating on dad and leaving this family behind in a time of need"

"You d-"

"And don't start with the 'you don't understand' shit because I clearly understand. You wanted a way out of this family because you weren't rolling around in money. I'm sorry that you had me at 16 and became broke, but don't take out your anger on this family. You chose to open your legs and this is the responsibility that comes with it" she puts her hand up and I stay quiet.

"It wasn't that it was-"

"Stop lying. You saw that Andrew had money and you took the easy way out"

"I took the easy way out because I had you at a young age and I never wanted all this!" The coffee shop stays quiet as everyone looks at us. I shake my head and take out a $5 bill from my pocket and place it on the table for the waiter to pick up.

"This conversation is done, and don't expect me at the wedding" I walk out quickly and the sound of my heel boots hit the concrete.

I'm about to get in the car, when someone pulls on my arm. My mom holds my arm and I back up.

"Here's the money for the dress" she hands me bills in hundreds and I stand there.

"Let me guess, Andrew gave you this money?" She nods and gives me the last hundred bill. I shake my head while looking at the stack in my hand.

"And im the greedy one" I throw the money up and it lands everywhere on the street. I get in the car and drive off leaving my mom in the middle of the street with money surrounding her.

-----

I sit in the car as I wait for the traffic. The car was silent as I look at the dozens of cars stopped in front of me.

All I thought about was the money that came out of her bag. Was she basing her marriage with my dad off of money? What if she's also doing the same to Andrew?

Not that I give a fuck anyways. They deserve eachother.

"I took the easy way out because I had you at a young age and I never wanted all this!"

Her words keep replaying in my head and I bite the inside of my cheek and I breathe out trying to avoid crying.

My phone rings and I see a picture of Ethan making a funny face on my screen.

"Hey"

"How'd it go with your mom?" There's a moment of silence and I breathe out as I look out of the window.

"I-It was okay"

"What happened Mal?" He knows me too well.

"Nothing, everything is fine"

"Malia..." A tear rolls down my face and I quickly wipe it off.

"She basically called me a mistake"

"What do you mean a mistake?"

"That me being born was a mistake"

He stays quiet and sighs.

"I'm sorry babygirl, you don't deserve to be treated like this"

"Ethan-"

"No, you don't deserve to be called a 'mistake' because you aren't"

"I love you Ethan"

He starts stuttering and I furrow my eyebrows and I pull the phone away and look at it.

"Ethan?"

"Y-you said that you l-love me"

"I guess I did"

Author's Note: Early update!! 🙌😂 sorry for the short chapter though

So the other day I was on Wattpad, and I saw that I was nominated for best Ethan Dolan fanfiction (I think that's what it said)

Honestly, I was freaking the fuck out at lunch because I never expected 'Daddy Issues' to become to big and if you guys want to vote, then go to bookadviser and vote. Not that you have to! I'll be fine if I don't win because just writing this and reading ur guys' comments legit makes me hella fucking happy. Thank you guys so much! 👌👏💚💙😊