05 We'll Meet Again, 507

Elisha left the river and its pleasant surroundings. She was heading home. The place she hated more than anything. Back before all of this, she was almost always at TJ’s place. But she will never go there again. It all was complete pain. The most painful was when she began to grow her teeth. They came out so fast whenever she was about to feed. Even now if she saw or smell human blood, they come out with turning her body into a visious monster's. Her face became pure white, lips turned to yellow, eyes become dark, and all that would make her a top rated horror show.

She was wearing a sweater and had her hands in its pockets. Her jeans met up with her shoes leaving little bit of skin in between. A hat matching the sweaters pink color covered her from afternoon sun rays. Even though she could be lying in the bed, at home, within the next second, she preferred walking as slow as possible gazing at her sorruoundings. The nature, it was just perfect. As she passed by a small rock covered by feet tall grass, she saw a white rabbit running and hiding from her. She walked pass it keeping her eyes on, hoping that she would see it again. Things like that reminded her of the ugly truth. That no longer she was a part of mother nature, but something else’s.

She never actually wondered what she was a part of. It could've been anything. It could've been the government, it could've been a psycho scientist whom was finally succeeded, or it could've been a top secret mission that was carried out by some serious people. Serious ‘people’ that is what they were. She drank their blood for thirst, literary.

Nobody knew her secret aside her best friend and TJ along with his gang of three. TJ earned money selling her blood as something else in underground market. In return she had the luxury of having his blood to satysfy the fire inside of her. It was a legitimate blood exchange. The longest she've been without feeding is 48 hours. Her close brother was her main concern. There were times she almost lost her control and jumped on to him with long pointy teeth sticking out, reaching for his neck. But she managed to keep it as a secret from him because according to her, he was a 'fat bastard who couldn’t understand anything.'

It was home sweet home. She opened the front door and got in.

“Elli?” Her mom was calling for confirmation.

“No it’s a vampire.” She said blasting the door.

“Very funny.” She heard her mum's sarcastic voice.

“I wasn’t joking ma.” She found her way to her room through the poorly furnished home. Even though it was small, the place was well lighted and neat. That way it didn’t look like it gave shelter to spirits roaming the earth.

“Elli! why aren’t you at school?” Her mom’s faded voice caught her sharp, enhanced ears.

“I don’t go to school anymore ma.” She closed the door and locked herself in the room she hated with her guts. It was a prison. The room was almost empty if it wasn’t for the bed and the table. She did what she does every time, sit on the bed and get lost in the world of music. She had a huge playlist on her iPod. It was a good thing that she could control the sharpness of her ears because if not, she wouldn't be using earphones.

Elisha suddenly opened her ‘music listening’ closed eyes. She felt something, a presence. Something she have never felt before. Somehow, she knew that she was in danger. She pulled off the earphones and stood up with the energitic body. She was breathing heavily. Her body was altering as she had this new experience. She felt stronger and more active. It was the vampire within her awakening.

She stood steadily not moving a muscle. She could hear her mother working in the kitchen downstairs. She could hear the trees moving with the hit of the wind. She was ready for action. At once something came from the closed window making a huge noise. Broken glass tossed away and hit the wall far end. Elisha jumped back in light speed and turned around to see what it was. She saw dark shadow entering into the room. Its movements were faster than her 'vampire eyes’ capabilities. In the next split second, a guy was standing in front of her as broken pieces of glass rained around him.

She was frozen.

“Who are you!?” Elisha said the first thing came to her mind.

“Does it matter?” He replied in a deep, stable voice.

She examined him inch by inch. His well-polished black shoes, black pants and dark grey shirt with loosened top buttons. A light black beard and dark straight hair. Looking at the way his eyes moved, she could tell that he did the same thing to her.

“What do you want?” She asked, surprised by her visitor.

“What a typical question that is.” He started closing in, step by step. “They all ask that you know?”

“If you took one step closer I’ll rip you apart!” Elisha said backing up to the wall behind her.

“You have to stop threatening whom you don’t know well." He said in deep steady voice filled with confident. "Or you’re gonna get into a big trouble.”

“You’re gonna get into a even bigger trouble if you took another step.” She repeated in his tone as it was.

“Scared, but brave.” He said stopping. “I like that.”

“Why are you here? Are you gonna hurt me?” His actions made her more careful.

“I'm not your trouble. You got trouble already. You got trouble the day your greedy boyfriend sold you for money.” She listened carefully to his words. “I’m here to help you out.”

“What’s that, some kind of charity.” She said.

“Hmm, your mother is right. You are funny.” 

As he took another step closer she punched his face in light speed and enormous strength. But he grabbed her even before she start moving and threw her on to the bed. She was tossed away through the air and the next thing she knew she was lying on the bed as he lied on top of her. She stared at his dark eyes as he looked down into hers. He held her hands tight imprisoning her. He got closer to her. She watched him helplessly. He gently closed his lips to her lips and whispered, “We’ll meet again, 507. In the mean time, try not to get killed.” As she heard the last word, he was gone. She kept her position as it was trying to figure out what just have happened.

The door was opened at once. Her mother got into the room. She looked at the broken glass and at the sweating girl on the bed in big eyes.

“What happened?” She asked.

 Elisha kept staring at her with frightened eyes.