Chapter 12

Atlantis watched Morgan as he swam a few paces away.

The light faery swam excitedly around Morgan, who had an amused smile on his full lips.

"And then Lady Ren said, 'Ain't nobody got time for that!'" the faery quoted, recalling a time when Ren had gone through two guards just so she could pull Kai from his study.

Morgan's laughter echoed between the trio, "I remember bits and pieces of her. She is such a lovely girl."

Cassio nodded, his legs dancing,  and arms extended as his magic spread his light about.

Atlantis smiled to himself. Morgan had regained a few memories, most of them of Morgan's past, Ren and a few of Aceso. Yet, those of Atlantis seemed to be a blank slate. For his eyes still remained cold and indifferent.

The cold kiss of metal rested on his chest, tied by a leather cord. A symbol of an empty promise that would only be fulfilled by forgotten memories.

"Atlantis?" a familiar voice broke through his thoughts.

He blinked, noticing that Morgan was speaking to him and his hand was tightly clenching the ring, "Yes?"

An smile danced about the full lips, sending Atlantis's heart beating rapidly, "Would you like to take a break and eat?"

Blush crept up his neck and into his cheeks, "Of course," he murmured as he let his body drift down towards the ocean floor, the view of colorful coral providing a rather breathtaking scenery.

"I like your hair," Morgan said, green eyes shining.

Atlantis's fingers went towards his long, red hair, "Thank you," he said, trying to keep his voice normal but inside, his heart was leaping with joy.

****
Marcus groaned as he sat up, rubbing away the sleep the his eyes. It was then that he became aware of a certain pain that originated from his backside and the cool water that splashed against the skin of his legs. Normally, the cold water would bother him but every time it touched his skin it seemed to quench the dry cells.

When his eyes no longer held that heaviness that one held when they woke up, he was able to notice the strange surroundings. He was no longer on the beach but in a cove that was dimly lit with soft blue light. Hues of purple and green illuminated the the slick walls, green moss providing soft cushion for his tender backside. A shiver went through his body, making him aware of his lack of clothing.

What happened? Marcus thought, arms wrapping around himself. One moment he was in pain, the next was blur of pleasure, soft kisses and tender touches. Heat rose towards his cheeks at the thought of making love to Caspian.

It had been his first intimate encounter with another, having given up his virginity to a man he barely knew. Yet it was as if his body knew him instantly and allowed itself to be putty in his hands.

"Marcus?" a familiar voice said through the dimly lit cove.

"Caspian?" he whispered.

Warm arms wrapped around his shoulders, hard pectorals pressing against his shoulder blades, hot lips caressing the back of his neck, "Hello love," Caspian murmured.

Marcus shivered at the closeness, a soft noise coming from his lips and his heart racing inside his chest. Happiness bubbled inside him, the simple fact that Caspian no longer treated him like a stranger but as his lover, and from the blurred memories, he was also his mate.

"Do you feel well?" the deep voice rumbled, the vibrations seeping from Caspian's chest to Marcus's back.

Warmth spread throughout his body, "Just a little sore." He turned to Caspian, his breath taking features barely visible beneath the dim lighting, "What happened?"

Something passed through Caspian's gaze, "You were turning."

"Into what?" Marcus said softly, his gaze falling on a pair of black orbs the shone like dark purple light in the darkness.

"A wraith," Caspian murmured, eyes closing, "It's all my fault. Even more now that I took your innocence away."

Marcus placed his hands on Caspian's cheeks, light scruff scratching the palm of his hands, "No Caspian," he assured, "None of this your fault. You only did what you could to save me and I thank you for that. I am in your debt."

Lips crashed into each other, tongues exploring, hands memorizing each other's slick bodies. Moments later they separated, hot breaths providing warmth between them.

"Come with me to my kingdom," Caspian murmured, forehead pressed against Marcus's.

Kingdom? He thought. There must be a thriving nation beneath the ocean's surface for Caspian to invite him so. Even then, without gills he wouldn't survive and the lack of a tail would set him apart from the others.

Marcus bit his lip, "But Caspian," he paused, "I'm not like you."

Caspian gave a low chuckle, "Come with me."

Hands tugged him towards the the water, Marcus's legs propelling him forward towards the entrance of the cove.

Light blinded him for a few moments before his eyes adjusted to bright lure of the sun. Bright blue water glinted as it lapped against his skin.

"Why did you bring me here?" Marcus said to Caspian, who was facing him.

"I want you to look at yourself. Do you notice something different?"

Marcus furrowed his brows in confusion but obeyed his request.

His breath left him as he noticed something different. No longer was his skin lobster red from the sun but a pearly shade of white with dark lines crossing his skin. Black webbing appeared between his marked fingers, nails no longer pink but stark black.

"What is this?" Marcus gasped.

Caspian's hands traced a mark on his shoulder, sending shivers down his spine. "I don't know. But my people have marks. Not as abundant as yours however."

Marcus blinked, "Why am I this way? Is it because of our bond?"

Caspian shrugged, "I don't know but I will seek someone who may know of this." Soft lips pressed against Marcus's forehead, "Stay here in this cove. I will find answers."

Blush filled his cheeks and he boldly brought Caspian closer to him, pressing their lips together in a passionate kiss before being left alone at the entrance of the tiny cove.

****

Elric shivered inside the cell, the darkness consuming his senses. Time passed slowly here and he could feel the voices in his mind growing louder and louder the longer he stayed isolated.

Traitor. Murderer. Coward. Disgrace.

Elric pressed his hands against his ears as he screamed, guilt tearing through him, "Shut up! Shut up!" The voices never quieted, chanting the same thing over and over. He tried to break the bars of his cell with blasts of magic but none of them worked, each ball diminishing before it even reached the wall.

Elric let out a sob as he hugged his tail to his chest, "I am so sorry brother. I have failed you," he whispered. Tears slipping through his eyes and rising towards the ceiling.

Here's a drawing of Marcus's new look :)

What do you think?
Vote & Comment! :)