Chapter 3

Caspian and Kai rose to the surface where they were sure no other mer could hear them.

"I apologize for attacking your kingdom," Caspian blurted, "I wasn't right on my mind an‐"

"I know," The Emerald King murmured, "You were being controlled by a rather dark magic. I saw it with my own eyes."

Caspian ran his hand through his long hair in frustration, "I'll offer my trade and alliance to compensate for the damages my armies have caused for you and the Diamond Kingdom."

Kai gave a slight nod of his head, "I accept your offer. However, I have not called you here because of it, but information of the witch that you harbored within your kingdom."

"Elric," he seethed through his teeth, the anger of his close friend's betrayal clenching around his heart, "I'll give you all the information you need of that traitor."

"Good," Kai said, his lips set in a grim line, "He is of the same race as Morgan. What are his powers and abilities?"

Blurry memories shifted through his mind as he thought of the past. A vial filled with a strange purplish liquid took up most of his memories, a taloned hand holding his favorite drink in hand. The rage towards humans multiplying with each sip.

"Potions," he murmured, his finger rubbing his chin as he though about his treacherous friend, "His fighting abilities is that of an elite soldier, perhaps more since his potions can enhance anything. Strength, speed, healing, so on and so forth," he glanced at the fellow king, "That's his magic."

Kai dark brows furrowed together, "Did he try to kill Morgan because he saw him as a threat?"

Caspian quickly dipped himself into the water to moisten his skin before rising again, "He told me he wanted to stop the transformation of humans to merfolk. I believed him only because of my hatred for the two legged," he shook his head, "The rest is a blur. He kept putting something in my drink that has made my memories from the past twelve months seem rather unreal."

"Why do you hate the humans?"

A cold hand wrapped around his heart as he glared at the Emerald King, "That is for me to know."

A low chuckle rose from Kai, "If you say so Caspian. I'll be heading down. Feel free to take a minute up here, your face says it all," he spoke, mirth in his eyes that only made the anger in Caspian rise.

"I suggest you watch your tongue Your Majesty," Caspian growled.

Kai laughed, shaking his head and slipping back into the water. Caspian huffed and muttered obscenities under his breath as he threw water over himself, the sun providing warmth while he calmed his turbulent thoughts.

However, the excited noises of dolphins interrupting his moment of tranquility. He cursed under his breath and slipped back into the water, not wanting to encounter the rather playful creatures.

Nonetheless, a dolphin stopped from going any further.

"I'm not in the mood you beast," Caspian muttered.

The dolphin refused to go away, bumping it's nose into his chest and pushing him in the process.

"If I go, will you leave me alone?" he said, exasperated. The dolphin clicked in response as the other joined him, guiding him back towards the surface where the herd came into view. On the back of one dolphin was an object of a peculiar shape. It wasn't until they neared that he noticed it was a human. A slender young man with a head full of the whitest hair he had ever seen. In one hand he held a rather peculiar object, while in the other he had a rather steady grip on the dolphin's dorsal fin.

"You brought me a human?" Caspian said, bewildered by the playful animals. Before he could protest, the boy was dumped in his arms and the wretched animals left the scene before he could unleash his fury. He cursed under his breath and looked down at the boy, sterling irises meeting his own.

"Mister?" the boy whispered, his eyes wide with fear and slender shoulders trembling, "Am I going home?"

Caspian couldn't help but snarl in distaste and let go of the boy, letting him fall in to the water, "You home is far away from here, petty human."

The boy sputtered, his hands immediately wrapping around his neck, never letting go of the strange contraption. Caspian growled, "Let go."

"I can't. I don't know how to swim," the boy whimpered, his soft lips brushing against his skin, sending shivers down his spine, "Please. Take me home, I promise not to bother you."

Caspian's arms remained outstretched over the water, keeping his weight balanced, along with the boy's, "I can't," he muttered.

The boy pulled away slightly, their noses barely touching, "What do you mean sir? You're
boat must be around here right?"

He clenched his jaw. The boy was talking to much and it annoyed him, without thinking he pressed two fingers at his neck, immediately rendering the boy unconscious.

"There's an island near here," a high pitch voice said from below, the glowing features of a light fairy hovering just above the surface.

"Show me the way."

*****
Atlantis tugged the sheet over Morgan's body before kneeling by his bedside, "Oh Morgan," he murmured, his fingers rising to brush away a strand of hair from Morgan's closed eyes. He sighed softly as his fingers trailed above the witch's nose and tracing the outline of his full lips. Without hesitation, Atlantis leaned in and kissed the tip of his nose as a tear slipped from his eye. He was grateful that Morgan was still alive and yet it pained him to see his beloved in a sleep like death. He was never sure when he would be able to hear his sweet voice again, his laughter and the seductive whispers in the middle of the night. He feared that he would never see his green eyes light up every time they saw one another or his expression when he finally asked him to become his till the end of time.

"I miss you Morgan. Please wake up soon," he murmured, bringing Morgan's taloned hand to his own lips, pressing them against his knuckles.

Atlantis sighed softly and rested his head on Morgan's chest, seeking comfort in his lover's beating heart.

****
I miss you Morgan. Please wake up.

Morgan could feel the pressure on his chest, the warmth seeping into his skin. He wanted to move his fingers but they never obeyed his command. His instinct was to open his eyes and yet, all he could see was darkness.

I love you, the voice said again, before the pressure left, leaving him alone in his desolate mind.

Don't go, he thought, I can hear you.

Vote & Comment