Zane x Aphmau

Don't play the music until I say so.

      I grabbed my pencil and my pad and started drawing the outline of a horse.  I was currently in study hall, and I had completed all of my homework already.  I began humming "Discord" to myself and added the mane to my drawing when I saw Zane walking up to me.  He glanced at my horse with a curly mane and asked,"Aphmau, is that Flarity from My Little Horsies?"
      In my mind I gasped, but in reality I just grabbed my drawing pad and sauntered off to a different table.  Zane clumsily caught up with me.  "Come on, Aphmau.  Is that Flarity?"
      I whipped around and stared at Zane menacingly.  I said,"That is none of your business, Zane.  Besides, why would you care about my drawing?"
      Zane's face heated up and I could see he was ready to crack.  I rolled my amber eyes at him before I turned back around and sat at a table on the far side of the library.  Zane, being the stubborn nugget he is, followed me like a duckling would its mother.  Just as he was about to say something, I cut him off by starting to sing.

*Cue music*

I know I can't take one more step towards you
'Cause all that's waiting is regret
And don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore
You lost the love I loved the most

I learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are?
Running 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?

I hear you're asking all around
If I'm anywhere to be found
But I have grown too strong
To ever fall back in your arms

And I learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are?
Running 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?

And it took so long just to feel alright
Remember how to put back the lights in my eyes
I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed
'Cause you broke all your promises

And now you're back
You don't get to get me back

And who do you think you are?
Running 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Don't come back at all

And who do you think you are?
Running 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
Tearing love apart

You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
Don't come back for me
Don't come back at all

Who do you think you are?

      I waited for Zane to present a snarky remark, but it didn't come.  After a moment of awkward silence he said,"Is that what everyone thinks about me?"
      I slowly nodded and said a little too harshly,"Nobody likes you Zane."
      This set Zane back into his usual mood.  "It's stupid how you sing songs at random times," Zane sneered.
      "Like your face isn't?" I sassily replied with a sassy hair flip.
      Zane was so taken aback by how harsh I was, that for a couple seconds he stood there dumbfounded.  Soon, I saw tears well up in his eyes and I immediately regretted what I said. At once I saw the broken boy who put up a wall to hide from the world.  I reached for Zane, but he flinched away from my hand as though it was fire.  "Zane, I'm sorry," I said softly. 
      Zane looked down at the ground and I saw a single tear fall to the ground.

Plink

Plink

Plink

      This was the sound the tears created when they hit the polished floor.  The tears formed a small, misshapen heart.  Then, I stepped away from Zane and turned away from him and said,"That was Flarity."

~Time Skip After School~

      "What am I supposed to do!" I cried to Emmalyn, the school student librarian. 
      Emmalyn looked at me and said,"The best thing you can do is apologize.  You made him cry which shows how he is insecure.  Nobody likes to show their weakness, especially someone who looks up to the Shadow Knights."
      Emmalyn's expression darkened at the last part.  I saw it only for a split second, but it was there nonetheless.  I shrugged it off and started walking out of the library to find Zane.  As I was leaving I called back to Emmalyn,"Thank you for the advice!"

~Time Skip~

      I finally found Zane on the bleachers and I walked over to him.  He once again flinched away, but it was not as pronounced.  I plopped down next to him and said,"I really am sorry.  I.....I shouldn't have b-been s-so harsh."
      Soon, my eyes started watering and three tears fell on my skirt.  I noticed that they landed in the same pattern Zane's tears had landed in, a misshapen heart.  This was no coincidence.  Zane also took notice and said,"I wonder why out tears took the same shape."
      I nodded and looked at the tears.  They glimmered and inside one I saw Zianna staring at Zane and I hungrily as I fawned over Zane.  In another I saw myself shopping with Zianna.  I think that the teardrops were holding the future.  They were showing us what would happen.  I looked over at Zane and I could tell he saw the same thing.  I then remembered a small poem that my mom told me when I was small.

Teardrops tell the future
If you ever cared to look
They show everything
In one little book

You can tell who your true love is
If you see the same thing
A misshapen heart
That leads to a kiss

      I recited the poem aloud and I looked into Zane's eyes and saw light, light that was brighter than the sun, light that could be seen by the blind.  Zane saw the same exact thing, and I pulled him into an embrace as he whispered in my ear,"I forgive you."