Jack found himself enjoying telling her this story. He didn't remember when he had last shared a laugh and a tale with someone. Only Axky had had the privilege of knowing this side to him. And now Brielle. But of course she had earned herself a funny tale. After what she had just unknowingly eaten, and given him an aching stomach with the incessant laughter, she deserved a bit of cheering up.

"So the baby food was delicious, I take it." he said slyly, a dimple forming on the corner of his mouth as he returned to his vegetable soup. 

"The WHAT?" exclaimed Brielle shock evident in her face. I must have misheard. Didn't I?

"Yes. The stuff you ate was actually dinner for the babies in the seat in front of us." said Jack still sporting a poker face as he moved on to take a bite of the spaghetti and meatballs. "The air hostess made a mistake, she came to rectify it, but you'd already started eating."

"Why didn't you stop me?" she said laughing in spite of herself. "Ah well, at least it wasn't anything too horrible. It tasted nice in fact."

Jack looked at her as she started revelling in mirth as he had done moments before. How this girl could go from tears to straight away rolling-on-the-floor-laughing was beyond him. He just knew that she looked beautiful when she was happy. He noticed her tie up her hair into a ponytail, still giving him a radiant smile. A loose lock fell over her nose.

"Passengers kindly remain seated. We will be landing at Frankfurt airport shortly. Please tie up your seatbelts and make sure..." came the air host's voice.

"Jack," said Brielle fear in her eyes. She looked at him beseechingly seeking comfort and reassurance.

"It'll be okay Brielle. The landing is going to be fine. The take-off wasn't so bad now was it?" said Jack taking her trembling hands in his own. "Arthur seems to be enjoying himself."

Brielle hurriedly turned around to see the teenage boy animatedly playing a video game with his headphones on. A beautiful air hostess approached him.

"Sir, please switch off all electronic gadgets until we land." she said. Arthur looked up from his video game looking dazed, but as soon as he caught sight of the beautiful woman he flashed a charming smile.

"Your wish is my command." he said with a wink.

"Ugh." said Jack as he turned back immediately.

"I think he's a darling." said Brielle turning in front too.

"You would. You're too nice." he said as the plane started to lose height.

"Jack---" said Brielle panicking. He gave her hand a reassuring squeeze as the wheels hit the solid ground finally gradually coming to a halt. She could see the airport through the window. 

"See? It wasn't so bad." said Jack letting go of her. She nodded absently.

  "I'm going to get off now." said Jeffery Dixon, affectionately known as Dixon Senior. The plane had just landed in Frankfurt.  "Jack, you do whatever you need to do. All the best from me,"

"Dad at least tell me her name." said Jack getting up to hug his father. He whispered in his father's ear so Brielle couldn't hear. "You already know the name of mine. So at least tell me yours."

"It's Heidi." said Dixon Sr. patting his son's back. "But how did you know I'm doing this for a woman?"

"You're wearing your best suit and smirking at me." said Jack. "I'll get your luggage. Go get her Dad."

With that the father and son bid goodbye. Arthur removed his headphones to wave frantically as Brielle shook hands with him. They looked on as the elderly man merrily descended the plane and set off to chase his new dream.

"Brielle?" Jack said pointedly with a serious expression when they were back in their seats. "Refraining is not something I do.  Whatever I want I take one way or another. I do not play nice. I'm ruthless when I need to be. You haven't seen me that way before. Don't panic when that happens. It's normal for me okay?"

"Okay." said Brielle confusion written all over her face.

"Things could get ugly once we land. I'll try to keep you out of it as much as I can. But you have to promise me you won't go to meet Zachary, even if he pleads."

"Of course I won't, why would I?" said Brielle in surprise. 

"He is a very manipulative man. He'll lure you out and get you to do things he wants. I'm afraid he'll find some way to blackmail you and you'll be too scared to tell me." said Jack solemnly. "We'll land in a few hours. Brielle, I don't think I can forgive myself if anything like that happens to you again."

"Jack," said Brielle firmly. "I will not get blackmailed, and if I do, I'll let you know at once. I promise I won't go to meet Zachary even if he tries his hardest."

"Please tighten your seatbelts, we are preparing for take-off." said the handsome air host.

"Um anyone?" came Arthur's frightened voice.

"Want to sit with him?" asked Jack magnanimously, as Brielle nodded. "Okay."

She got up and sat beside Arthur, tightly holding his hand as they both shut their eyes to survive the take off.

Jack sighed. The Thailand trip was bound to be thrilling. He didn't know what Zachary and his uncle were planning. It was like playing an intellectual chess game with an enemy whose resources you could not see. A smirk snuck onto his lips as the plane flew into the air.

It would be unfair to say he was at a disadvantage. After all when it came to winning,  he made sure he did, no matter what.

A/N:

Hi everyone!

Apologies for such an uneventful chapter. I sort of need this in order to stick with the plot. 

lots of love,

Andy

P.S. I notice this chappie lacks comments. Please don't be a silent reader, leave a message or comment. I love to know what you think. It helps me know what the audience is expecting, what they think of the characters and if my story is any good.