“Sarah.”

            She heaved a sigh. “Rhys was with her.”

            The pain was back and worse than ever. This must be what dying feels like.

            “What were they doing?” I forced out.

            Her eyes widened. “No, no! Oh, gosh, that came out totally wrong. He wasn’t—they weren’t—you know.”

            “You—“

            “They were arguing,” she interrupted. “I heard shouting, and when I came, he was raging and he pushed past me.”

            My heart stopped and I was frozen to my spot. Images of Rhys with Kat filled my vision and they all involved him angry. And violent.

            “Did he touch her?” I demanded. “I swear if he lay a finger on her…”

            “He didn’t,” she reassured me. “I asked her.”

            “She could have lied!” I practically screamed.

            I will kill him. All I could see was Rhys shouting at her, grabbing her by the shoulders, shoving her to the floor, raising his fist…

            I was on my feet, ignoring the aches all over my body from the hard surface of the couch. I ran out of the apartment, still in my work clothes from yesterday because I had been too tired to change.

**

            The anger was simmering inside my body. I could feel it as I parked my car and wrenched the door open.

            I reached into my pockets for my keys and felt my phone. I suddenly remembered her text this morning and, although I was still angry, I couldn’t go another day without answering her.

            I love you. I replied.

            Just as I sent it, I saw her exit the school. She looked shaken up, her eyes were wide and she looked as if she was going to cry.

            Was this what I did to her?

            I felt so guilty but I couldn’t talk to her, not yet. I waited for her to drive away, and then I saw another figure coming out.

            It was Rhys, the person I had come for in the first place.

            “Rhys!” I roared. His head whipped in my direction and I saw his eyes flash in recognition. He looked strange as well. His eyes were bloodshot and he looked pale.

            He stopped walking.

            “Did you touch her?” I asked, stepping towards him.

            “What are you talking about?” he asked.

            “Did you hit Katrina?” My Katrina.

            “What did she tell you?” he said, narrowing his eyes.

            “You did, didn’t you?”

            He opened his mouth to say something, and I swung my fist.

Katrina’s POV

I love you.

            I couldn’t hold back a smile. He didn’t hate me.

            I pulled out of the car park and drove away. The only thing I could think about was Sam and how much I loved him too. It was the first I had heard from him in days and even though it was just three words, it was more than enough for me.

            I was halfway home when my phone buzzed again. I pulled over, thinking it was Sam again.

            My heart sunk when Sarah’s name popped up onto my screen, but I answered the call anyway.

            “Hey,” I answered.

            “Katrina, I have rung you a million times! Why didn’t you answer?!”

            Because I was being yelled at by Rhys, I wanted to say.

            “What’s wrong?” I asked.

            “It’s Sam,” she responded frantically. “He is coming to your school.”

My heart skipped a beat. “He is?” I said, smiling.

“Yes, and he wants to find Rhys.”

“Rhys?” My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Why on earth would Sam be looking for Rhys?

She read my mind. “I told him about that time at your apartment. He thinks Rhys did something to you.”

My stomach dropped. I could already see how this was going to work out, and it didn’t look pretty.

I always find myself apologising for late uploads, but this time I do have an excuse. I went on holiday the day after the last upload (told you that already) and when I got back into England it was 6 in the morning, and then I had school the next day, so I haven't really had a chance 'til now. So sorry!

I went to Tunisia by the way. The hotel was run by amateurs, but the weather was great! I got a tan ;) Hope you liked the chapter, I will update sometime next week (hopefully) xx