ChaPteR ThrEe

Brie Gaye

03

The week after the incident at the beach had been nothing but great torture for me. First, I was locked up in my room for days; my only source of sunlight being the windows in my room. I wasn't even allowed to step out onto the balcony. That was my punishment.

The other form of torture was the gray eyes that have been appearing in my dreams ever since. The eyes of the hero who had helped me out of the water in time or I'd be a gone deal by now. My hero with the strong jawline and rough hands; he must be a hard worker.

"Ma'am."

I groaned and looked up at the maid who walked into my room. "What do you want?"

"Mrs. Gaye asked me to get you. She says you are to hire your chauffeur today. The applicants are downstairs, in her office," the maid informed.

"Okay, I'll be there in a jiffy."

With a mixture of relief of being released from my room arrest, lackluster from having to go through many people and anxiety from wanting to see this stranger of my dreams, I got ready for the day.

One thought dwelt in my mind the whole time though: I needed to find the mystery guy.

***

Few weeks ago, I had made it a chore to whine about wanting to pick my chauffeur. Many may see me as a brat but it really was just a tool for getting what I wanted.

My parents always picked the worst people as my chauffeur. They were either too grumpy or too stiff or too nosy. Most of the hired servants were constantly breathing down my neck because my parents ordered them to. I wanted none of that anymore.

"Honey, we've been waiting. Head on straight for my office, that's where the interview will take place," my mom informed me as I descended the stairs.

My dad walked into the living room and I beamed at him. "Before she does that, I want to say a quick hello to my princess. How is my little pumpkin?" I walked into the open arms of my dad and took in his familiar scent. He placed a kiss on my head before releasing me. "Now, princess, pick a responsible chauffeur for yourself, you get that?" I chuckled and nodded before sauntering out of the room.

"Miss Gaye," the bodyguard by the door greeted as he opened the door. I stepped in to find a row of chairs seating about ten men dressed in suits, each one seeking to be my driver.

I shot them a polite smile as I took a seat and read through their profiles which were arranged on the table.

The door creaked open as someone stepped into the room.

"What is it now?" I asked as the person in suit walked in but when he glanced up to meet my eyes, I froze.

It was the mystery guy from the beach.

***

QOTC: Do you ever use the bratty approach or any other scheme to get things? Could be from your parents, boyfriend, siblings...

The craziest scheme gets a dedication!

KaiA xxx