“Do you like?” Renee asked as she spun herself around with a smile that illuminated her whole face.

“I do. You look beautiful!” I stated, and then noticed her smile quickly vanish. There in front of her face she saw the love of her life, Bobby Johnson kissing his ugly girlfriend Caitlin Ross. I felt awful, because I knew Bobby was the only person Renee wanted to get noticed by. Maybe in high school she’ll get his attention, or she’ll find someone else to love. Either way I just want Renee to be happy.

The rest of the day I tried my best not to get lost and stay cool. The truth is the entire day was so boring. Every teacher seemed to give the same speech. It was so hard to keep my eyes open. After a while, all I heard was blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

 Anyway, after school Renee was still upset about Bobby. She had prayed all summer long that Bobby and Caitlin would break up. I told her, “Renee we’re in high school now, with so many gorgeous boys. We shouldn’t put all our effort into just one guy.” She agreed. I’m so excited for our future. I know the next four years are going to be awesome. I still can’t believe I’m in high school!!!!

8th Friday

I can’t believe the day I had! The most embarrassing thing happened to me today. I was walking down the stairs with all my books in my arms (I’m having trouble with my locker). Anyway, at the bottom of the stairs stood some very cute senior boys in their blue and white football jerseys. I tried to look cute as I took each step, but by the fifth step I realized they didn’t even notice I was there.  

All of the sudden, I stepped wrong and tripped, my books went flying everywhere. I landed on the cold floor on my knees and hands. The cute boys couldn’t help but notice me this time.

They came over and helped me up. I think I turned every shade of red there is. I couldn’t look at any of them in the eyes.

After helping me up they walked away laughing. I swear I could have died right there and then. I am so embarrassed. UGH!!! I hope I don’t run into any of those boys anytime soon. So far high school has not been at all what I thought it would be, but it’s only my first week. It has to no it’s going to get better.

12th Tuesday

I’m in love! Okay, I know I said I wouldn’t put all my effort into one guy, but I Natalie Christine Guiding have found the one! His name is Brandon Olson. He’s gorgeous! He’s in my 3rd period gym class. It was love at first sight, at least on my part. He hasn’t noticed me yet, not only because I always seem to be invisible but also because he’s a senior. He walked into my gym class today and I immediately feel in love. I couldn’t even speak or concentrate.  

I pointed him out to Renee, and she agreed he’s a hot, with his curvy dark chocolate hair and deep chocolate eye to match. He also has the most perfect olive complexion. He is the perfect male species. You know the one we hear about: tall, dark and handsome. I get butterflies in my stomach just thinking about him. I hope he notices me soon. Brandon! Brandon! BRADON!

14th Thursday

I can’t stop thinking about Brandon. I look for him in the hallway after each class. Every time someone walks by I pray it’s him. Thank God for gym class.

So this is what I found out about him so far: he’s on the football team, he has history class second period, and the best news of all is that he’s single. I hope he notices me soon and ask me to homecoming, which is coming up real soon. Oh please let him ask me!!!!

15th Friday

Today I went to my first high school football game. It was a nice warm night. The lights lit up the green field that was covered with cute high school football players dressed in blue and white and purple and white jerseys.