Chapter One: In The Beginning

Saving people, hunting things. The family business.~Dean Winchester

"Dad?" I asked sleepily. Dad looked panicked. "Dean! Take your brother and run! Go, son, go!" My dad yelled at me and placed Sammy in my arms.  I nodded and dashed off down the stairs with baby Sammy in my arms not knowing what had happened. I waited in the front yard for my dad. Moments later,  I was safe in my dads arms and Sammy was safe in mine. My dad and I watched as the house went down in flames. Three of us were here. Where's mom? To be honest, the rest of that night is kind of a blur.

That's how that night went for the Winchester men. Their wife and mother died trying to save little Sam. What they didn't know until many years later is that the same thing would happen.

"Jess! I'm back... Jess?"  I ask curiously, setting my bag down by the front door. I walk towards the bedroom to hear the shower running. Okay, she's in the shower. I flopped down on the bed and sighed as I closed my eyes in relaxation.
Moments later, I feel something drop from above me. Maybe it's Jess's wet hair? I open my eyes with a smile already printed on my face. Only for it to be wiped off moments later from the scene I saw above me. It wasn't water that I had felt. It was blood. Jess was on the ceiling. She was dead. "Jess! No!" I shouted as flames burst out from around Jess's body. I partially covered my face with my arm and stumbled backwards onto the bed. Just in that moment, Dean came running into the bedroom. "Nope, come on Sammy. We gotta go." He said in a worried yet strict tone. "Jess!" I screamed trying to fight against my brothers grip on my body. He dragged me out of the house, and me screaming like a mad person. Jess's dead, the same way mom died.  The yellow eyed demon is back. Maybe he never left?

Is it true? Is yellow eyes really back? Or has he been hiding in plain sight this whole time?
Sam and Dean are dealing with only two deaths as of this moment in time. What about John, Ellen, Jo, Kevin, Hannah, Ruby, Pamela, Anna, Charlie, Bobby, Rufus, Sammuel, Cain and the countless others?
Now, I know what you're thinking. A few of these weren't people they held dear. Some of these people were allies. It doesn't matter. They're dead. They're dead because their decisions and choices got them killed. Right? Or it just a part of the risk that comes with the job?

Have you ever pictured the end of the world? What's it like? What do you see? Zombie apocalypse, no wifi? For Sam and Dean, everyday is one step closer to the end of the world. Sometimes, they're standing right there on the edge of it. Somehow, the always manage to step away from the edge and keep fighting. What they don't know is that the end of the world is coming for real this time. What they do now, it's only the beginning. The beginning of the end of the world.

Sam's plan was to graduate Harvard with a law degree to become a lawyer. Well, what if he didn't need a law degree? He's already in the nastiest battle of his life. You might as well call it a civ. It's nasty, it's brutal, and you don't know the outcome of the hand you are dealt. Maybe he'll win... Maybe they'll lose.

Dean's plan was absolutely nothing. He had nothing planned for his life. Maybe he thinks he'll just stick around with John and find something to occupy him during his lifetime down the road. We see how well that worked for little Sammy. Break away to do your own thing. Somehow you get roped right back in to the freak show. You can't stay away. Even if you try, it'll find you. Just ask the demons and Angels. They're always watching.

Remember how Bobby and Rufus met?

I grabbed a knife from the kitchen and ran into the bedroom, locking the door. My wife came home with black eyes and she seemed soulless. The woman has tried to kill me four times. I mean, I know women get to be like the devil himself on their monthly deals. But, damn. Karen is completely off her rocker at this point.  It's not like I can call the cops and say, "my wife has black eyes and she's trying to kill me." I raise the knife in front of me, ready to attack as I hear footsteps and demonic laughter coming from the stairs. In a matter of seconds, the door flies off its hinges and my entire life flashes before my eyes. The next thing I remember is stabbing Karen. "Ouch, that hurt." The thing laughs, cocking her head to the side. Fear took over me as my own wife cornered me, laughing a laugh that didn't belong to her. I had shielded my body with my hands the best I could before I heard a crash and shouting and shrieking. I look to see a man yelling some weird language and Karen's body shaking and a sound coming from her mouth that sounded like a laugh and a scream.   This man kept repeating this sort of chant, "exorcizamus té, omnis immundas spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernailis adversaril omnis lègio omnis congregatio secta diabolica ergo draco maledicté ecciesiam tuam secure tibi facius ilbertatê servire té rogamus, adinos Exorcizamus té, omnis immundas spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernailis adversaril omnis lègio omnis congregatio secta diabolica ergo draco maledicté ecciesiam tuam secure tibi facius ilbertatê servire té rogamus, adinos." Moments later, Karen's body lay lifeless on the ground. The only thing visible that could've caused her death was the stab wound to her abdomen. I looked at the man, shocked at what I just saw. He shrugged. "Let's go bury your wife. I'm Rufus, by the way." He said sticking his hand out. "Bobby." I say cautiously shaking his hand. He picks up Karen's body and starts off down the stairs. I catch up to him. "Wait a minute. What the hell just happened back in there?!" I ask, a thousand questions flying around in my mind. That was the only one I could think to ask. He sighed. "It's a long story, Bobby."

Authors note: The next chapter is when I get into the actual story. It just occurred to me that some of the people reading this book might need a moment to catch up on the past events. So, you're welcome. ~G