Chapter 3

America's POV:

I remember back when I was still a colony-living at England's house-England would tell me things about his past and I remember one time I asked about how different the fashion and whatnot had changed and I was then given an hour long rant about how much England hated the clothing he would sometimes have to wear in the 17th century. I was there for the 17th century, yes, but I didn't have to wear the kind of things England had complained constantly about.

I now understand why he hates them so much.

Everything was so frilly and stiff and just bleh. I absolutely refused to wear a wig-the kid asked me if I needed one since I was going bald!-and pretty much begged Charles not to make me wear one of the dress-like outfits.

So here I was, dressed in a long coat with only the top ones buttoned, breeches that were the same shade of blue as the coat, a black hat that looked much like the ones Christopher Colombus and them wore, long, white stockings and all that with a sword belt!

I started to wonder how this kid could just conjure up so much money to give a, literal, random stranger a whole new set of clothes but then, as we were leaving, one of the men who had dressed me and whatnot bowed and said, "Have a good day, Master FitzRoy."

Royalty? I stumbled over royalty? Of course I did, why wouldn't I?

Charles nodded, bowing his head slightly, "And you too, Lennon."

I, more or less, waddled after Charles, trying desperately to keep up as I held the bag that contained my old (technically, new) clothes in my left hand. I kept tugging on the collar of my shirt, trying to keep it as far away from my neck as possible-it was just so itchy!

Stop whining, you bloody yankee, just follow the child until you find some kind of shovel to try and hide the time machine.

I rolled my eyes even though I knew it wasn't even England and he couldn't see it regardless.

"Where do you live?" Charles asks, stopping in the middle of the road.

"Oh, n-nowhere right now, I'm just trying to get to the ocean." I smiled, hoping it was convincible (was that a reason people traveled or was that just in the movies?).

"Oh, I could get you there," he said, looking up at me with his brown eyes shining.

Why is this kid so charitable? If it were me, I would've, like, I dunno, cried for England or something at his age which looks roughly to be around 13.

"Are you sure, I mean, you already spent so much-"

He laughed, "You think that was a lot? That was nothing, I could do so much more, plus, I'm in a good mood, let me do this one thing."

I sighed, "Fine, if you insist."

He smiled, "Do you know where exactly you want to go or?"

"No, just the nearest port, I suppose," I said, flinching slightly because I had, yet again, started to speak in an American accent.

Damn it! I'm not used to speaking in this damn accent anymore!

"Okay, I'll arrange for a carriage to take you then." He said, smiling at me.

The time machine Alfred! Arthur yelled and I almost jumped. Don't forget the bloody time machine!

"Th-thank you, Charles, can I take my things as well?"

"Yes, of course," he said, his hands behind his back and his posture stiff.

I smiled, still a bit puzzled as to why he'd help a random stranger out but, eh, whatever floats his boat, I suppose.