Chapter 4

Alfred's POV:

As soon as I stepped onto the ship, I felt just about everyone's eyes on me.

"Come on, that outfit looks hideous on you," England said.

"Thanks," I say sarcastically, hoisting my bag higher.

He chuckles, walking through the crowds of pirates who stepped aside to let him go by, their eyes on me.

"Where to Captain?" The same woman from before asks England.

"Let's go to Spain, I have to speak to Antonio anyways," he said as we continued to walk down the ship.

"Yes, sir," she said.

England pushed open the door that I assumed led to the cabins below.

Down wooden hallways lit by oil lamps then into a large room with large windows and lots of space.

The Captain's quarters, I assumed.

He disappeared behind some kind of net that hung between the door and another portion of the room.

I looked around the room.

It looked like something that would belong to England-messy yet organized, clean, several books and papers, ink bottles with those really old pens they used back then (now, I suppose), a large bed on one corner of the room with it's blankets tossed about.

He came back with a stack of clothes, "Here, hopefully, they fit or else you'll have to wear one if my pirate's uniforms."

I wrinkled my nose at that idea but was glad to be out of this outfit.

He had turned around, searching for something and I shrugged.

I unbuttoned the coat and tossed it aside, the sound getting England's attention.

"Are you just going to change there?" He asked, confused.

"Where else," I asked, throwing the weird neck thing onto the ground as well.

He doesn't respond, just leaning against his desk.

I slip the shirt over my head, sighing at the feeling of having that off.

I changed into a white, button-up shirt, red coat with little gold chains on the front, red pants to match, black boots and I stood there with a red cape much like England's in my hands.

"Do I have to wear the cape?" I asked, pouting.

He looked at me oddly, "Why wouldn't you?"

I shook my head, putting the cape on and used the brooches he had given me to fasten it to my shoulders.

"How do you wear this all the time? It's just unnecessary weight, in my opinion."

He chuckles, "Would you like the hat as well?"

"No, I'm fine as it is-I already weigh an extra five pounds as it is."

"Okay, now sit." He says, kicking a chair in my direction.

That's easier said than done-you try sitting down with a cape on, it ain't easy!

He crosses his left leg over his right, lacing his fingers under his chin and leaning forward.

"How are we supposed to get you back?" He asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Back to your time."

I blink. "Oh! Right!"

He shakes his head in disbelief, "Who knew you'd grow up to be so dumb."

"Hey!" I said indignantly.