Sherlock: Mother's Day

Request for FandomGirl_704

~

"Mycroft took the best parking spot again," groaned Sherlock as we pulled up to the cottage. 

"How horrible," you mocked, "we have to walk an extra 10 feet!" He glared at you from beneath his curls, then unbuckled and bounced out the door. You followed after him, up the set of stairs, and into the vanilla scented house that you had become so well accustomed to over the years. 

"Oh (y/n) it's so good to see you," cooed Violet, pushing past Sherlock to engulf you in a hug. He rolled his eyes and huffed jealously, stomping into the kitchen.

"Happy Mother's Day!" you said.

"Oh thank you thank you sweetheart. One day I'll be able to say that to you," she winked. Your face reddened and she giggled innocently, heading back into the kitchen. You walked in after her, meeting the faces of Mycroft and Siger. Siger instantly rose, hugging you and launching into a conversation about your latest article and how much he enjoyed reading it. You and Mycroft shared a head nod as your greeting, something you were both comfortable with. You motioned Sherlock over to listen, and you whispered to the both of them,

"The present!" You pointed to the pink bag he held in his hand. Sherlock pushed it into your arms, but you fought back. "She's your mum."

"Well she loves you more apparently," he snapped back bitterly. You gave him a look and he sighed loudly. 

"I'll wait here," commented Mycroft.

"Up," you ordered. He rolled his eyes, just like his brother, and got to his feet. Sherlock put on the cheesiest smile he could muster, and led the way over to Violet.

"Happy Mother's Day mother," began Mycroft.

"Yes, thank you holding us in your uterus for 9 months, then painfully birthing us out of your.. uh.. lady part," finished off Sherlock awkwardly.

"Grow up Sherlock, it's just apart of human anatomy. You shouldn't be scared of it," chuckled Mycroft.

"Look who's talking," spat back Sherlock.

"Boys!" you scolded. 

"Sorry," they apologized in a monotonic manner. 

"We know we weren't the easiest to raise," continued Sherlock.

"And you weren't always the easiest mother to have." Mycroft got a slap on the arm for that. "But you were the best mother we could've had, and for that, you deserve the world," he finished with a childish smile.

"Of course it is not logically possible for us to give you the world as a gift, so here you go, next best thing," explained Sherlock. You smiled lovingly at him - he was so cute when he got all technical. At this point Violet was in tears, happy tears, and took the present, but didn't open it.  Instead she gave them both a hug. They hugged her back, relaxing into her embrace like they were 5 years old again.

"You boys... I'm the luckiest mother," she cooed. 

"Just wait till you open the present," you commented, winking at the boys. She took out the tissue paper carefully, then pulled out the frame. Gasping, she covered her mouth one hand, and tears poured out again.

"Oh my goodness," she laughed. Siger went to stand next to her, and he burst into a fits of laugh as well. 

"I told you boys that she would like it. See, wasn't it worth it?" you teased. You had convinced them to remake Violet's favorite picture of them as children. The picture had required them to hold hands, put red popsicle dye all over their mouths, and dress up in swim trunks. It had taken 4 hours to capture one picture.  

"No," they said at the same time, then both were hugged by Violet once more. She planted a kiss on each of their cheeks and they reddened. 

"I'm going to put this up in the living room," she announced happily. When she was out of earshot you gave them a knowing look.

"Momma's boy," you singsonged tauntingly. You were unknowingly standing in front of the cookies and Sherlock came to stand right in front of you. He reached his hand behind you, and your (e/c) eyes locked deeply with his blue ones. You shivered - being in such close proximity with him had quite the effect on you.

"There's nothing wrong with being a momma's boy," he stated defensively, then bit into one of her homemade cookies. 

A/N

Happy Mother's Day 

Part 2

(I said I'll see you guys soon and it's soon so yeah)

(I'm eating)

Bye