Moriarty: Fight Club (Part 2)

Request for fangirlwriters

~

You approached 221B slowly, never having seen it in person before, only having heard Jim had talk about it numerous times. You rang the bell and waited. For a few seconds, nothing happened. Finally, the door opened, revealing a tall man with cheekbones that could cut metal and dark curly hair that flailed from the wind.

"Wasn't expecting you so soon," he said, surprised.

"Well I wanted to get to work on this as fast as possible - I'm thirsty for revenge."

"How about we start with tea? Mrs. Hudson!" he yelled behind him. You stepped inside the door, warm air greeting you like an old friend. He closed the door behind you - like a gentleman - and led you upstairs to his flat. "What exactly did you have in mind when you called? I was sort of lost by the end of the conversation." You rolled your eyes, already annoyed with him.

"Aren't you supposed to be a world class detective Sherlock Holmes?" He smirked at you.

"I am a world class detective. However, women seem to be the hardest code to crack, so excuse me for not understanding your need to seek revenge on your ex boyfriend." You squinted your eyes.

"Fine, if I must go into detail, Jim cheated on me, for real this time, and I need a way to get back at him, let him taste some of his own medicine. Then, once he's begged for me at my feet, I'll forgive him, tell him it was a whole sham, and we can go back to our happy relationship." Sherlock scoffed at that. "He's coming by my flat today to pick up the rest of his things, and that's where you come in. You are, and always will be, his biggest nemesis. You get under his skin the most, and there's no doubt he gets under yours, so I can only imagine how he'll react when you show up at my flat picking me up for a date." During the duration of your explanation, Sherlock had placed his hands underneath his chin in prayer position.

"What's in it for me?" he asked.

"The satisfaction of seeing the cocky grin wiped off of Jim Moriarty's face." Sherlock cocked one of his eyebrows up - in interest you assumed.

"Deal." You stood up in excitement and shook the consulting detective's hand.

~

Three hours had passed since your meeting with Sherlock. Since then, you had come home, cleaned the house to best of your ability whilst placing Jim's boxes all around so he's have to lug each one to the front door, and now you stood in front of the mirror trying on your 5th outfit. You had no clue how to dress. Cute? Innocent? Not-so-innocent? Casual? You wanted to look good enough to drive Jim crazy, but not too good so it'd look like you were trying too hard. Jim was a smart guy - he was in fact a consulting criminal - except when it came to you. With one bat of your eyelashes you had him wrapped around your finger. You only hoped he'd being paying too much attention to you to realize that you would never in your right mind go out with Sherlock Holmes. It wasn't that you had anything against him, it's just that you didn't like the fact your boyfriend paid more attention to him than his girlfriend. Despite him being a handsome bloke, you knew too many things about him indirectly. After hearing Jim talk about him for hours on end, it was like you knew Sherlock yourself, when in reality you had never talked to him until last night. Suddenly, the front door slammed open. Jim. I really need to get that key back from him. Panicking, you realized you were stuck to wear what you had on: cutely not-so-innocent. Good enough you hoped as you flipped your hair to give it the crazy look, which Jim found very appealing (imagine that), and headed out to the living room.