The View in Italy

They're standing on a bridge somewhere in Italy, quaint cobblestone beneath their feet, and charming weathered buildings painted in cheerful pastel colors on either side of them. The sky is a riot of fiery oranges, rosy reds and streaks of frosty blue.

She breathes in the cool, crisp air, hugs herself tightly and does a little jig of happiness, a beatific smile on her face.

"Isn't it beautiful??" She declares gleefully (it's really more of a statement than a question.) "I can't believe we're really here. In Italy. Sobrang ganda noh, Tisoy??"

"Onaman..." he replies slowly, and she immediately pounces on his hesitation.

"Huy, ano ka ba?? Aren't you happy?? Aren't you impressed?? Just look at this view, it's amazing!!"

"Yeah, it's amazing. It really is. I'm just...I'm not sure it was such a good idea after all to come here with you."

She is so hurt and taken aback by this, she can only blink. Suddenly all her insecurities about her acting come flooding back, and—not for the first time—she wonders if he wishes he had a different leading lady for this movie.

"Bakit mo naman nasabi yan?" she asks sadly, her voice only a little more than a whisper.

He scratches his head, messing up his hair in the back. "E kasi, here we are in one of the most iconic, historical, beautiful countries on Earth, pero hindi ako makaconcentrate sa sightseeing. Hindi ko maappreciate yung view because I just can't take my eyes off you."