Klownz

On his way out to the artists' entrance, Allan paused at "Alden's lungga" and stood there for a moment with a thoughtful expression on his face. He glanced at his watch—he had a few minutes to spare—and wandered out onto the Eat Bulaga main stage. Except for the janitor, a security guard, and a couple of crew members tidying up cables, the studio was empty. In a while, the Baes would be rehearsing their prod for tomorrow, but for now there was a calmness in the air.

Allan sat at the Kalyeserye panelists' table and replayed the afternoon's events in his mind, a small smile playing at the corners of his mouth. Alden and Maine. Meng and Tisoy. Everyone knew he had a soft spot for the young couple, and that he had played a crucial role in starting the whole AlDub phenomenon.

It wasn't hard to love them. There was just something about them both that made them instantly likeable. He was friendly, gentlemanly, God-fearing and handsome as hell with his famous dimpled smile; she was charming, hilarious and a breath of fresh air with a unique beauty that was hard to pin down—what was there not to like? Just watching them together made Allan feel young and giddy and hopeful again.

He had been part of EB for a long time now. From this stage he had watched audience members' lives get changed dramatically by the generous prizes they regularly gave out; sang Happy Birthday countless times and celebrated important milestones; thrown dozens of white foam "pies" at his co-hosts; performed hundreds of song and dances numbers. On this stage he had stood sobbing, wracked with grief as they paid tribute to Kiko Magalona. On this stage he had tearfully bid farewell to good friends as they moved on to new phases in their careers. On this stage he had greeted new faces and warmly welcomed them to the EB family.

This stage had been the setting of many wonderful, painful and significant moments in his life. But lately it was where the people around him found themselves falling in love—first Vic and Pauleen, now...Alden and Maine? No one knew for sure just yet, but there was definitely something going on, and they were all eager to see what would happen next.

In his pocket, Allan's phone suddenly buzzed, interrupting his train of thought and bringing him back to reality with a thud. He had to run a few errands before starting the show at Klownz in a few hours. He stood, took one last look around the darkened studio and smiled again to himself. What a great show, what a great life, and what a great time it was to be a Dabarkad.