"The humans sealed the monsters underground with a magic spell." 

               The legend's words spring unbidden into your mind, serving only to make you more anxious.

               It's not true. It's.... it's not. It can't be. Another frog peers at you curiously from the shadows, watching in silence as you pass.

              There's no such thing as monsters. 

              You freeze as a really large, butterfly-like creature flutters across your path, oblivious to you. The moment it catches sight of you, it shrieks and races away, visibly shaking in terror. At this point, so are you.

              I-it... it's just a really b-big bug. That... that's all.

              You're about to take a step forward, but then you notice that next to the bridge you have to cross, there are a pair of... of things quietly murmuring to each other. The only way your mind can process them is by calling them living piles of spaghetti. The frog continues forward, but you don't move an inch, some primal instinct rooting you to the spot. 

              No. Nonononono. There's no such thing as monsters. There's no such thing. They don't exist—they can't exist. This can't be happening—

              Something softly tugs at your pants, shocking you out of your stupor. You go rigid, and then slowly... very slowly... look down. The frog has one manus wrapped in your pant leg, and is staring up at you with a somewhat quizzical look on its face. As if it's asking you what's wrong. That's it. You can't deny it anymore. You sink to the ground and numbly put your head in your hands.

               I've fallen... into the world of monsters. You look over at the frog as it gently pats your shoulder, as if trying to console you. A monster... consoling you. Who would have thought.

              "Thanks," you say shakily. You're not sure whether or not it can understand you, but it smiles at you anyway.

              You take a deep breath and get to your feet. Monsters or not, you need to find your sister. She must be so scared, traveling through a place like this by herself.

              The frog hops ahead, and then turns around to beckon at you from the other side of the stream.

              And besides, you think, hurrying to catch up. This little guy seems to want to help me. Maybe... maybe monsters aren't that bad. 

             You follow your guide into the next room, only to find yourself wading through a sea of frogs. Needless to say, you are somewhat taken aback by this.

             "Um... e-excuse me," you mutter, trying your best not to step on any of them.

             A few turn when they hear your voice, and move to give you room. However, the large majority of the creatures seem to be too focused on something else to pay any attention to you. Maybe it's just your imagination, but they seem... panicked? The croaks that fill the room are clipped, almost urgent.

             You crane your neck, but there's too many of them—you can't see what it is they're looking at. Your frog stops to listen to the others, and then starts to force its way through the crowd. It calls out, visibly distressed.

            What's going on?

            You continue to follow your newfound friend, and as they grow more concerned, so do you. You don't like the looks of this.