Nalu - Under the sheet of stars

A familiar figure of a Celestial mage sat on top of a hill gazing at the stars above her. Thoughts clouded her mind,anxiety building in. She covered her face and groaned in frustration.

Why am I feeling this way?

Her thoughts lead to her pink headed friend,her partner,her guild mate,her best friend.

Natsu

Just a thought of him made her heart beat wild,a weird feeling on her stomach that clouded her vision.

"Oi Luce! There you are!" A voice she heard all too well.

Lucy turned around and saw him. His face showed a worried yet relief expression,his lips into a lopsided grin,his hair is on a mop of mess and sweat tricking down his forehead.

"I've been looking everywhere for you. Why are you here anyway?" He sat down beside Lucy, their shoulders touching.

"Oh hey Natsu. I was just thinking." She replied but no emotion showed in her voice.

Natsu noticed her expression yet the sound of her voice was monotonous. He knew something was wrong with her that she can't seem to understand and he knew she was worried.

"Hey,what's the matter? Is there something bothering you? You've been gone for hours now and you've been here thinking." Lucy looked at her Fire mage friend and smiled at him.

Knowing Natsu,he can be stubborn at times,has a short temper and always looking for fights but the most amazing thing that stand out in him is his loyalty to his friends,to his guild,to his family.To Lucy,she knows him all too well. After joining the guild,going on adventures and even share laughter and tears.She will always believe him,she was lucky to have him around. That's what makes him special to her,his loyalty.

"I'm just scared." She admitted to him,she leaned her head to his shoulder. She can feel his warm breath hovering over her head.

"I am scared that one day,everything will be gone,everything will be over.What if I leave the guild?What if I suddenly gave up in the middle of a battle?What if I betray you? What if one day I won't ever look at Fairy Tail the same way? What if something gets out of hand and a war will began? Natsu,what if I die?What if-" She was cut off by him.

"Cut the crap Luce." Her tears threatening to spill from her brown eyes. She look at him,his bangs covering his eyes,his lips isn't that grin anymore instead it was replaced by a frown.She didn't notice it before but he was holding her.His arm supporting around her shoulders,their bodies closer together,their legs tangled.Lucy blushed at their position.

"Stop with that load of bull cause I know that ain't gonna happen." His voice filled with determination.

"I'm sorry" Lucy blurted,she felt guilty letting her friend feel displeased.

"Geez Lucy,are you on your month or something?You really need to lighten up." She gazed at him now a full view of his face smiling at her.Lucy giggled at his joke and wrapped her arms around his torso burying her face to his chest.She can hear his heartbeat going faster,she smiled and just stayed like that not bothering to look up to now a bit blushed faced Natsu.

"Oi wha-what are you doing?" Natsu asked trying not to stutter.

"Nothing.As long as I am with you,I feel safe.I feel protected." Lucy mumbled to him.

Unexpectedly,Natsu wrapped his arms around her,hugging her.Both of them felt the warmth of their bodies than the cold air of the night.

Natsu placed his two fingers on her chin and made Lucy look up a little,hearing words that made her heart skip a beat with such comfort.

"I will protect you"

He leaned in and kissed her forehead.Such simple gesture made the Celestial mage blushed.

I will always protect you.