"Okay-"

"What are you doing here Marcus?"  Ariel's voice hissed from her doorway.

"Ariel,"  His tone was so sweet, it almost brought tears to my eyes.  "I-"

"I don't want to hear it.  You shouldn't be here."  She spat coldly as she stepped toward him.  "Please leave."

"Only if you come with me."  Ariel's face scrunched up as if she were disgusted.  "Ariel, we belong together.  You were the one that pointed that out-"

"And I thought I made it clear that it was all a mistake."  I found myself angered by the way she never let him finish.  It reminded me of how James treated me after that night.  "I'm happy Marcus.  James and I love each other."

"What's so special about him?  His money? His job?  That squeaky clean image?"  Marcus' patience was wearing thin.

"He's everything you're not."  Ariel spun on her heels and started toward her room.

"If I recall correctly, that's what you liked about me in the first place."  He called at her back.  I saw Ariel tense, but she kept walking.  "The fact that I was the one thing you did that your parents didn't order."

"Get him the hell out of here!"  She yelled, probably to me, and slammed the door.  I bit my lip and looked at Marcus.  He had a hand on his hip and the other rubbing the back of his neck.  She didn't even give him a chance!  I know it seems like I just want her to break up with the groom, but that's not it.  I know what he's feeling.  Maybe if he had a chance to say what he wanted it would be different.  He didn't deserve to be cast out like a stray.  Ariel would kill me for what I was about to do.

"Look, I can get you into the wedding, but you have to promise me you'll be quiet."  He removed his hand and looked down at me. 

"Why would you do that?"

"You love her."  I shrugged.  "You deserve to see her at her happiest and when she's most beautiful."  Marcus still looked like he didn't believe me.

"She won't let me in."

"I'll sneak you in, just please, don't object when the time comes."  I held my breath.  He seemed to be pondering this, at least that's what i hoped he was doing.

"Okay."  He agreed finally.  I blew out a breath. 

"Okay."  I smiled.  "Just, wait for all the guests to be seated and I'll come seat you at the back before the service.  Just stay away from here for now."  He nodded and pulled out a lighter.  I watched him walk away, lighting his cigarette as he went.  I quickly shuffled back to Ari.  "Ariel?"

"Is he gone?"  She asked me, looking up.  I shook my head no.  "Figures."

"He's pretty heartbroken."

"Not my problem."  She scoffed, but then froze.  "You know what? Let him stay."

"What?" I asked, my brows coming together in the process.  Didn't she just tell him he was scum?

"Let him stay.  He can watch me get married, so that he knows it's really over."  Is she serious? 

"Uh, Ari I don't think th-"

"Please Rox?  You know how much this means to me..."  Ariel jutted out her bottom lip in a pout.  Her auburn hair was perfectly pinned, and her make-up done in perfect precision.  How could I let a day be ruined when she looked this beautiful.  My best friend didn't deserve that.

"Okay."

"Just keep an eye on him.  Make sure he doesn't say anything, ever."  She and the dress were gone before I even processed what she said.