Chapter 5

Darren's POV

"Juliette... Juliette..." Dillon called for me from his mini library room. I sighed exasperatedly.

He's been calling me Juliette since I told him my middle name. Yep, my full name is Darren Juliette Evergreen. I know. My parents just thought that it would be a great idea to give me a girlish middle name. My life truly sucks.

"JULIETTE!" he screamed. Ugh! Is he really 18 years old? 'Cause he is really immature for a 18 year old guy. I got up from the couch and bound up the stairs towards the library. I turned the knob and strutted in.

"What?!" I half-shouted. One of these days, I swear I'm gonna be crazy. He sensed that I was pissed, but he ignored it and grinned sheepishly.

"Can you help me with something?" he asked me innocently. Huh. Innocent my ass! There is nothing innocent about him. Nothing.

"What?" I said through gritted teeth.

"I need your help with my Math homework. Mom told me that you're smart." he said.

     I went to his side and look at a few papers in front of him. I scanned the papers. My jaw dropped to the ground mentally. Is this dude for real?!

"Dude! This is Pythagorean Theorem. This shit is easy and you need my help?" I stared at him incredulously.

     He just grinned, his face turning a bright red color. Oh my gosh! This is really bad. I'm married to a stink brain. What could go wrong?

---------------

"That's not how you do it!" I practically yelled at him. Thank god Krystal wasn't home. The babysitter took Krystal for a walk at the park.

     It had been 15 minutes and still Dillon wasn't able to understand the simple formulae of Phytagorean Theorem. I was starting to get a massive headache just from teaching the stink brain.

"Maybe if you tone down your voice and start teaching me slowly, I might be able to understand!" Dillon said matter-of-factly. "And stop using big words, use simple English will you?"

     Darren, be patient, I told to myself. I took a deep breath and exhaled. I took a chair and sat beside him, I was getting tired of standing. I took the pencil from his hand and showed an example on how to answer the question. Oddly, he understood. He just needed to be thought an easier way. His brain is way too dense.

     I was about to leave the room when Dillon grabbed my wrist. I turned around to face him. He pulled me closer, our faces only a few inches away.

"Thanks for helping me with my homework." he said with a smile. I nodded. He pulled me closer, his face only a few inches from mine. His lips were hovering over mine. His lips slightly brushed against mine, sending chills down my spine.

     Then the sound of the bell echoed in the big house. I pulled away and stared at him wide eyed. We almost kissed. My lips almost lose the virginity. He hurriedly ran towards the stairs. I followed behind him. I went to the door. I turned the knob, revealing Mr. and Mrs. Christian.

"Darren!" Mrs Christian screeched and tackled me into a tight bear hug.

"Can't... breathe... Air..." I choked out the words as Mrs. Christian's bear hug became way to tight.

"Oh sorry." she muttered, looking embarassed. Mr Christian chuckled while the stink brain snickered.

Bitch you're gonna payyyy!

     We walked into the main hall and sat on the couch. Dillon and I sat across Mr. and Mrs. Christian.

   Mrs. Christian took out a small white envelope from her bag and handed it to Dillon. Dillon opened the envelope. In the envelope, were flight tickets.

"Your father and I thought that you should go for a honeymoon in Paris." Mrs Christian beamed. Honeymoon? Paris? With Dillon? This is gonna be hell.

"So go pack all your necessary needs and be ready before 11.30 am." She said. Mr. and Mrs. Christian got up and walked outside. Dillon turned around and pushed me towards the stairs.

"Wait! We're going now?" I asked dumb-foundedly.

"Yes Juliette, now get ready." he said.

"Stop calling me Juliette!" I said through gritted teeth.

"Why?" he asked me. I looked at him like he was the stupidest person on Earth. Probably is.

"Because it made me sound like a girl." I said it slowly, the way I might talk to a 4 year old kid.

"But you are a girl."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are. You're the bottom in our relationship. It's kinda obvious." he said matter-of-factly, much to my embarassment. I know I'm small, he doesn't have to state the obvious.