Sorry...

"Why are you questioning it Ri?" Michael asked, "Because somebody doesn't say they don't want to marry you without having a reason." I half yelled, spinning around on my heels, facing Michael as he sat on the bed, "When you're drunk, you loose your filter. Every thought you have in that moment, you tell. The truth comes out. He was telling the truth Mikey" my yelling fell to a whisper, the words barely leaving my mouth, collapsing on the windowsill. "People have doubt Ri, and he had his moment of it. But it didn't stick, he's been miserable without you can't you tell?" Michael half whispered, pushing himself off the bed and making his way over. "I still don't know if he's lying or not. If I forgive him, I'll still have thought in my mind and it's going to be a whole before I feel normal again" I whispered, shaking my head. "But you'll forgive him?" Michael asked, I looked at him, shaking my head slightly, "I haven't decided."

"Mumma can we go to the pier" Kalani cheered, jumping up and down on the couch as Michael and I entered the room. "Of course baby, go grab your shoes and your coat" I smiled, ruffling his hair. I chuckled as he skipped off to the room, mumbling the words to a random song. "Would you boys like to join us?" I asked, looking towards Michael, "nah, I'm gunna take a nap" he smiled, making his way to his bedroom, "Luke?" I half smiled, looking at him. "Uh, yeah sure I'd love to" he half smiled back, I nodded slowly, making my way back into the room, slipping on my vans and black jacket. I sighed, placing a baseball cap over my messy curls as I made my way back out into the lounge. I stopped in the doorway, smiling to myself as I saw Kalani sitting on Luke's knee, helping him tie up his shoes. "You boys ready?" I asked, walking towards the boys. They both cheered, jumping up off the couch.

"Kalani, slow down" I chuckled, trying to keep up with the small toddler as he dodged people on the pier. "He's a speedy one" Luke chuckled,  "he got that from you" I half smiled, eyes on Kalani. He stopped running, Spinning on the spot to face Luke and I. "Mikey" he screamed, running towards us, arms open wide. I spun around to see Michael walking behind us, crouching down with his arms open wide to greet Kalani. "Hey little dude. I've been looking for you guys, I couldn't get to sleep so here I am!" He smiled, standing up with Kalani in his arms. "Little dude, you wanna go play in the sand?" Michael pointed towards the beach, Kalani cheered, wiggling out of his arms before pulling him towards the beach. I laughed as I shook my head, taking a seat on the wall that separated the beach from the walk way, Luke sitting down a little way away from me.

"Why did you say it?" The words left my lips before I could even think, my eyes staying on Kalani. "Michael says you didn't mean it, that you were just saying things because you were drunk, but there had to be some reason behind it. You don't just say those things without reason". My eyes slowly travelled to Luke, who sat there silently staring down at the ground, hands wresting on the wall beside him. I stared at home, waiting for words to leave his mouth but nothing. He just sat there, shaking his head slightly. "Nothing? You have nothing to say?! For fucks sake Luke. Do you even care?" The anger began to grow in my voice. "I'm here aren't I?" He said, finally looking up at me. "But why Luke? You can't even think of a lie to tell me. You really don't want to marry me, do you?" My voice broke, barely coming out as a whisper. "No it's just I..." He began, shaking his head, "I'm sorry" he whispered, looking once more down at his feet. "I've had enough of your sorry's Luke. Sorry's aren't enough anymore" I half whispered, making my way over to the other boys.

"Kal, baby it's time to go home" I forced a smile to my face, holding my hand out for Kalani to grab. "But mumma" he pouted, looking up at me. "Baby, please don't argue mumma doesn't feel well." The smile dropped from my face, shaking my head slightly. "Ri, where's Luke?" Michael asked, standing up and looking behind me. "I don't know and to be honest Michael I don't really care at this point in time" i sighed, giving him a shrug. Michael nodded slowly, brushing off the sand as he stood up, "Come on little bud, ill give you a piggy back ride so we can give mum a break aye"