Illumination

Abuse Trigger Warning

Don't worry, it's fluffy since many were terrified by Yandere Gen-Gen.

You hummed to yourself as you stood in the bathroom. You had just stepped out of the shower and were in a towel brushing through your hair. You were about to put the comb down when a booming sound caused you leap and let go of the object. It clattered to the floor as you held a hand over your heart.

You sighed and picked up the brush to put it away. There was a dangerous lightning storm looming over City Z tonight and all citizens in the area were advised to stay indoors. This also applied to any and all heroes who were nearby.

You shuddered as another roll of thunder sounded. You were happy to have Genos around right now but you could only imagine how bored he must be. He wasn't the type of person to just sit around and wait, he liked to take action.

You started thinking about how miserable he must be as you slipped on your PJ's. Last you saw the cyborg he was in the living room flipping through the channels with a dull expression.

Maybe a movie might....no, he'll probably find no amusement in it, You thought to yourself. You sighed, your inability to better the situation irritating you. Or perhaps

You suddenly jolted as the lightning crackled furiously overhead. But this time it took the lights with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Genos had been awakened by the surging sound of electricity and a piercing scream. His attention automatically went to the familiar shriek.

"(Y/N)!!!"

The cyborg was immediately on his feet and running to you. But then he faced a different obstacle. He tried the door handle but of course it was locked. Your cries became more hyperventilating, making Genos worry that much more.

He pounded his fists against the door as he tried to figure out what was going on. "(y/n)!? (Y/N)! Open the door!"

But you didn't seem to hear him. Your screams turned into desperation and sobs the more time ticked by.

"(Y/N)! What's wrong!? What's going on?" Genos called out.

After receiving no response again, he couldn't wait any longer. He grabbed the door knob and slammed down on it swiftly. The crushed lock gave away as Genos pushed the door open with his shoulder. His eyes had switched to night vision as soon as the lights went out.

He felt an awful stir in his chest when his eyes landed on you. Genos hurriedly bent down and put his arms on your shoulders. "(y/n), what's wrong?"

You knocked his hands away and pulled your knees to your chest. This surprised the cyborg greatly. He knew that you were deathly afraid of the dark but he had never seen you in one of those panic attacks. He also knew that the reason you were being so cold and pushing him away was because you weren't thinking straight. But still, he felt a little hurt.

"(y/n)," He tried for a calmer tone. "Look at me." You ignored him and continued to clutch at your sides.

"(y/n)—"

"D-don't touch me..." You managed to stutter out.

"You're not alone. Look at me, (y/n). Let me help you," Genos reached for your hands and gripped them before you could slip away.

"N-no...! S-stop! Stop it!" You panicked, your senses filling with fear. "G-get me out....it's too dark...."

"Okay, let me...."