Warranted Worry?

Sequel to 'Playing House'

You paced around the living room while rubbing your swollen belly, deep in thought. You started doing this despite Genos's constant nagging of telling you to rest. Not only did the exercise help you think, it also relieved some of anxieties of feeling like a lazy bum on the couch all day. You felt deprived of doing anything and you were just itching to be a bit active.

Once your baby bump was clearly visible, the Hero Association let you off on maternity leave. You were happy those first few days until you realized that you would be stuck at home doing nothing. Now your only source for news was Genos.

He would share with you the events of his day, but you still yearned to get back on duty. But you knew that you had to refrain from any heavy tasks. You had your baby to look after. However, your own worrying was apparently not enough.....

You sighed, not wanting to get into that subject. Instead, you dialed Genos as your craving for oreos and peanut butter grew stronger.

He picked up almost immediately. "What!? What's wrong!? Are you ok!? Did your water break???"

"Genos, every time I call you, you pick up screaming and asking if my water broke," You shook your head in exasperation. "I get that I'm close to my due date but don't you think you're getting a bit too antsy?"

"I'm sorry," He apologized. "I'm just concerned for the safety of you and the baby."

"I know...but everything's fine, I'm fine," You assured.

"I'm glad to hear that," You could hear the smile on his face. "So what did you need?"

"I don't know...I'm just kinda hungry..."

"Do you want the oreos and peanut butter again?"

A grin spread across your lips. "Yes, please. You know me so well."

"Well, I suppose I should, I am marrying you."

You felt a glimmer of happiness warm you up. After Genos proposed that night, you guys agreed that you would have an actual wedding after the baby is born. Speaking of which, the gender of the baby was yet to be determined. The ultrasounds you had couldn't give an accurate reading of the baby's gender, but you and Genos would be happy if it was a boy or girl either way.

"How are you feeling?" Genos inquired.

"I'm okay, but when are you getting home?" You asked. When you weren't fretting over your state of laziness, you were missing Genos most of the time.

"I should be there soon, I just finished dealing with this one monster."

"What do you want for dinner?"

"Don't make anything, I don't want you to slip or anything," Genos quickly jumped in.

"Genos, I've been sitting on my ass all day, let me cook you something," You rolled your eyes.

"No, don't get up. I'll make something when I get home."

"Genos...."

"I'll rub your feet."

You stood silently for a moment, finding yourself stumped. You glanced down at your swollen feet. They really did hurt....

"(y/n)?"

"....yeah...."

"So what's your answer?"

"......fine."

Genos smiled despite you not being able to see how adorable he looked. "Alright, I'll be home soon. I love you."

"I love you, too," You sighed contently.