"Oh, no! No, no! Stop, Chewbacca, stop!" cries C-3P0, distressed and scared as he continues to scream in panic.

Clary is at Chewbacca's side immediately; if not for the Wookiee, than for her herself. It's almost as if it's part of her instinct to go to Chewie for comfort. She grabs his arm gently and Han turns towards the two.

"Chewie, this isn't going to help me." He glances at the Stormtroopers as he adds; "You need to protect the princess now. And Clary...never let her out of your sight."

Clary's eyes are brimming with tears as she watches Han being ushered towards his fate. She swallows and her throat is sore, making the action painful. She wants nothing more than to disappear — she wants nothing more than for someone or something to come in and save her brother. She feels completely and utterly helpless and it makes her feel guilty most of all.

"Han —" she starts but her voice breaks off, the lump growing in her throat. Han turns, looking back at her over his shoulder, and the look in his eyes softens. His stern, cold, calculating gaze seems to always soften when looking at his younger sister.

"Don't worry, sunshine," He's smiling but Clary sees the glimmer of sadness shining in his eyes. "You don't need me around to shine bright."

The Stormtroopers holding onto his arms push him forward. Clary can hardly breathe as she watches her brother walk closer and closer to his fate.

She swallows the lump in her throat, fists clenched. She isn't going to lose the one thing that's most important to her; she isn't going to lose what's left of her family. Acting on impulse, Clary barely has time to register what she's doing before she steps forward, racing towards her brother. She manages to avoid a few Stormtroopers racing to grab onto her, but she's stopped as Cal grabs her by the arms, pulling her back.

"Stop!" Clary screams. "Let me go!"

Cal says nothing. He only retaliates against Clary's fidgeting as she attempts to break away from his grasp. She feels the gaze of a few Stormtroopers standing nearby, their weapons ready, but she doesn't look to them, but to the man who started all of this.

"Vader, please!" Her throat feels raw as she calls out her pleas. The masked Sith Lord doesn't dare to turn to face Clary, but he raises a hand when more guards attempt to start towards Clary. "He's my brother...please, he's the only family I have left. We'll go to Jabba, we'll do anything you say, please, just don't do this. Please don't carbon freeze him —"

Her cries are cut short as the lump in her throat grows, becoming so overwhelming that she can't bear it any longer. The tears stream down her face and this is the most vulnerable she's ever been; she's suddenly reminded that no matter how old she grows, she'll always feel as if she's a child compared to Han. Her dependency on Han is her weakness and she knows that. She's always known.

There's a heavy silence that fills the freezing chamber. The only sound that can be heard is the slow and steady breathing of Darth Vader, adding to the tension that has settled. For a fleeting moment, Clary thinks that he's actually considered her words — that freezing Han is a waste of time, and to just send them along with Boba Fett will be much easier. But her rising hopes are crushed as Vader turns to the guards holding onto Han.

"Put him in."

Clary doesn't have the strength to fight Cal pulling her backwards. She feels her legs crumble underneath her, and she falls to the ground on her knees, shaking violently as tears stream down her face. Never has she heard of a case where someone has survived carbon freeze.

"Han —" Leia's voice catches Clary off guard, and she barely glances up in time to see Han lean forward, kissing the princess swiftly and passionately. The exchange makes Clary's heart grow heavy, and as Han pulls away, she notices the tears streaming down Leia's face.