"Yugi told me that he's helping him with his project, so I thought we could talk about this now since he's not here with us at the moment," she added.

"No...no he hasn't," you said with a broken voice.

(b/n) gasped, thinking that he would've asked you way before she asked Yugi. She pulled you into a hug, "It's okay, (y/n). I'm sure he's just waiting for the right time to ask you."

Right time?  That's it, instead of bottling up your worries, you spilled them out on (b/n), "Right time? But it's tomorrow! How long is he going to keep me waiting!?"

(b/n) stepped back to look you straight in the eyes and put a hand on your shoulder, "Just be patient, okay? Don't give up on getting your hopes up. If all else fails, then just ask him yourself."

You glanced despairingly at the hand on your shoulder, "Yeah, I guess you're right."

-RING-

"Well, I better get my ass to class, want me to walk you to your class first though?" (b/n) insisted.

"Nah gurl, that's okay. I'm not an old lady that needs help crossing a street," you elbowed her with a teasing hint in your (e/c) eyes.

"Hahaha, alright then, young  lady! See you later!"

You began to head to geometry after the two of you departed ways until you heard a familiar and unenduring voice from behind catch you off guard.

"Whoa there, pretty little thing! Where's your boyfriend?"

You halted, letting your last step stomp the ground. Your snarled under your breath and your hands balled into fists. You did not turn around to look at the green-eyed teen.

"What. Do. You. Want." your words came out slowly and hatefully. The undying urge to sock him in the face was beginning to consume you. You heard footsteps, two pairs of footsteps to be exact, nearing closer to you until you felt the breath of one of your enemies on your neck.

"Answer my question first," he replied in a fake, sweet manner that made you sick and he knew it. But his tone changed when he bitterly demanded, "Where. Is. He."

You gritted your teeth and spun around to face the black-haired player, "He's not here yet-"

Without letting you finish your sentence, his hands grabbed your waist, yanked you closer to his body, and contacted your lips with his own. You were so stunned by the unexpected act that you didn't know what to do. You didn't give in to the kiss, your eyes were still open, you just stood there. Petrified.

After regaining your awareness as to what the hell was going on, you shoved him off, your mouth hung open in disbelief.

"Wha...why...."

You turned and saw Yami Bakura standing right besides the satisfied, smirking Duke. I knew I heard two pairs of footsteps!

You observed more of your surroundings, there were maybe 10 people staring at the scene that just happened in shock. These kids didn't look like the 97% of stuck-ups that contaminated the school.

But still...rumors get thrown around fast...

You snarled and slapped Duke, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?!"

Duke thrown on a fake act yet again, this time pretending to be hurt. He gasped and pressed the side of his face that you slapped with his palm, "(y/n), why so snappy, love?"

"UGH!"

You felt like throwing thousands of chairs at him, even Bakura since he just stood there like the annoying pest that he is and watched! I was right, they are buds. Great.