Part 15

"I will do anything in my favor to keep you safe (y/n)."

"Wh-wha.." You looked around to try and find where the deep and monstrous, but yet surprisingly soothing voice was coming from. The light from your bracelet still blinded you from seeing anything other than the bright white light.

"It is up to you to protect the Dark World from the wicked thief and the unfaithful tomb keeper's evil schemes."

"H-how do I do that???"

"Two darks must team up, a dragon and magician, to create light."

"What does that even mean!?" you covered your face with your hands feeling utterly overwhelmed, "What does any of this mean?! I wanna go back to the life I had, not all of this millennium items and Egyptians and weird creepy teenagers who can't leave me the hell alone because they want my magical bracelet!"

The voice erupted into an irritated roar...a roar you recognized...

"G-Grapha?!? You're...you're the one who is speaking to me??"

"Mortal," Grapha's voice was now becoming angry, "have you forgotten who you're protecting!?"

"The kingdom of Dark World!"

"Dear (y/n)," his voice softened, "that is correct. I am grateful for an intelligent and persevering individual who will stand their ground to not let evil step into the borderlines of the kingdom I have lived in for so long. But there is a greater being that you are chosen for to protect and guard, my friend."

"Yami..." you smiled, "the pharaoh. But Grapha, I'm not sure if I am capable of this mission. Yami is strong and brave, he's done so much for me and is a true companion. I'm not sure if I can be as great as that and face this evil. I'm just...me."

" My hero, do not let fears and doubts stop you from doing what you are capable of . Then, you will see who you truly are. You are queen of Dark World's living legacy, for you will be the one to set things right, like she has long ago in order to save the kingdom."

"Remember (y/n), I will always be with you."

_______________________________________

"G-Grapha! Wait!" but it was too late. The light that surrounded you already vanished and you were back at the arcade in front of the restrooms where you previously took a trip too in order to splash your face with water and do your business before you were confronted by Marik.

Everything back here at the arcade seemed the same though: People swarming around, claiming games to play, shoving their mouths with pizza...

"How long was I gone for?" you thought and looked at your phone.

"15 minutes?! Crap, Yami and them are probably thinking I'm taking the longest shit of my life or something.."

"Hey (y/n)!" you looked up from your phone and saw Tea rushing over towards you with a relived look on her face, "There you are! Is everything okay? I mean it's either you were in the bathroom this whole time or you started playing a game out here or something." Tea laughed.

"Oh well I uh," I guess I can tell her since she knows about what's going on already, You thought. "I got approached by some guy named Mar-"

"APPROACHED?!?!" Tea let out a frustrated sigh, "I KNEW WE SHOULD HAVE DONE THE BUDDY SYSTEM! I HAD A WEIRD FEELING SOMETHING HORRIBLE LIKE THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN..." Tea put her hand on her forehead like she was having a headache.

"No no no I'm fine! Anyways as I was saying.." you explained everything about what happened, including what Grapha had told you.

"And then something about," you finished up,"'Two darks must team up, a dragon and magician, to create light'. Guess I have to keep experimenting with this bracelet to figure out what THAT means."