Part 8

-(Yami's POV)-

"Pharaoh! Are you sure you can trust this artifact so soon?! We barely know how much it is capable of!"

Yami gripped (y/n) hand tighter as they sped down the streets to where the mysterious power was telling him.

"I don't know Yugi, but I feel as if we can. Who knows what this item has to offer...it may uncover hidden secrets and different powers...let's just hope it can help instead of hurting us."

______________________________

-(y/n) POV)-

Your mind whirled like a swarm of bees, you couldn't even think straight. All you knew from your perspective was that the old family keepsake that has been passed down from generation to generation, is now actually playing a part in your life...in a very odd and unbelievable way that is....

You started panting from all the running, "Yu...gi..." you looked up at the street sign.

Woddside Avenue.

Woddside?!?!

Yugi let go of your hand so you can stop and catch your breath while Yugi on the other hand wasn't panting at all. The bracelet still shined as bright as the sun as well, looking as valuable as it did never before. "Yugi," you coughed, "Are..are you sure going down this street is a good idea? I mean...the amber alert from yesterday..."

"I...I think so (y/n)," his determined eyes pierced the bracelet in his hand, "it's guiding me by instinct, yearning for me to go somewhere. But (y/n)," Yugi held your hand again, "stay close. I can't guarantee all will go safe. Come on, we better hurry!"

"But wait Yugi!" you called before you two started running again, "I...honestly don't know what to say right now. The bracelet...do you know something about it?"

Yugi turned the other way, "I may know some information about it, but very little. I promise your questions will soon be answered (y/n)."

And with that, you two sped down the street, until you reached a dark and secluded alleyway. Both of you came to a halt. Yugi looked at the bracelet and then to you, "In here."

"WHAT?!?! NO! Yugi we can't!" you hugged Yugi's back in fear, "That guy who kidnapped that girl went down there! Who knows if he's back in there???"

Yugi remained calm as ever, you could almost feel his inner-confidence, "The only way we'll know is if we find out for ourselves. Stay close," he reminded.

Letting go of his back, you walked behind him as your surroundings became darker and darker, your only light being the bracelet that Yugi held in front of him. Until suddenly, the light engulfed you and Yugi.

Where is it taking us now?!?!

The welcoming light of the bracelet vanished. Appearing around you was a small and rounded room filled with piles of very expensive-looking jewelry and other valuable items that looked like they could be made a fortune.

"HAHAHAHAHA!"

A black shadow appeared before Yugi, who stood in the center of the room. Your grip on the brick wall behind you tightened as the shadows disappeared and displayed where the menacing laugh had come from.

A guy in a black cloak...

"BAKURA! I'D RECOGNIZE THAT LAUGH ANYWHERE! SO IT WAS YOU BEHIND ALL OF THIS WASN'T IT?!"

B-Bakura??? The new boy from school???

Bakura chuckled as he pulled his hood back to reveal his face, "My my Pharaoh, as much as I'm impressed by your accurate theory, you should at least dig deeper before jumping to conclusions like that."

Wait...that's not Bakura...

The Bakura from school was sweet and innocent. He had a soft gaze in his eyes and a gentle voice. THIS Bakura looked much older, like in his late teens. He had a raspy-deep voice and had brown eyes full of hatred. Some of his thick-white hair pointing upwards and defied gravity kind of like Yugi's blond spiky hair....

And wait a second...did he seriously just call Yugi a PHAROAH???

Yugi growled with anger you thought you'd never see him express, "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS BAKURA?? DON'T YOU KNOW YOUR LIMITS??" Yugi looked frantically around, "AND WHERE IS THE GIRL THAT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY YOU???"

An evil smile spread creepily across his face, "Oh, her? Don't worry about her Yugi, I took what I wanted from her already," he rolled up a long sleeve that displayed an intricate silver bracelet which is probably worth a thousand. "I returned her back to the real world without any footprints of mine for the police to follow. And speaking of girls, isn't this one of Bakur- ahem, I mean OUR classmates from school Yugi?"

Bakura, or whoever the hell it was, stared viciously at you. You kept your head down.

Yugi laughed lightly, "Yes Bakura, this is (y/n), and she holds the key to your destruction."

Bakura laughed boldly, "Oh does she? How so?"

Yugi took out the bracelet, which still glowed magnificently.

"With this."

For a second, Bakura stared with utter shock. He smiled, his eyes feasting on the old artifact, "Well...this is what I've been searching for all along Yugi..." Bakura reached out his hand, "hand it over, the millennium bracelet belongs to me-"

"NEVER!"

"Oh come on Pharaoh, you don't even know how to use the damn thing! I'll admit that there's hidden secrets about that item that even I don't know about, but I'm sure I'm more educated about the millennium bracelet more than you are. It should belong to me-"

"If it does belong to you, then why does it have Yugi's pyramid as one of the pendants?!" you said with anger and fear. Your hands shaking.

Bakura stepped away from Yugi so you could get a better look at him, "Hahaha! What? Did you think he was special? He's not the only one that has something identical to the pendants you fool..."

Bakura yanked the black cloak of his body to reveal a ring-like item with a triangle in the center. Five pointed structures were placed around the center of the ring, the structure of the whole ring was held by a rope which was tied into a necklace that rested on Bakura.

The ring looked exactly like one of the pendants on your bracelet...

"I apologize miss, you don't know the true powers of my millennium ring either do you?" And with that, his ring started glowing, beginning to fill up the whole room.

"NO BAKURA! STOP!"

Yugi held the bracelet above him. The bracelet shot a beam of light at Bakura's ring, making him cry of fear, until Bakura vanished into the light.

You opened your eyes, which you had covered because of the blinding light. Yugi rushed to your side and kneeled beside you, "(y/n), are you okay? You didn't get hurt did you?"

"No I...I'm fine," but when you opened your eyes, you and Yugi were not in the room you were previously in. Instead, you two were outside the entrance to the alleyway. "I...can't even process what's going on...I'm sorry Yugi...I won't know until you explain..."

Yugi wrapped an arm around your back, "(y/n)...I'm so sorry about all of this...it's just as much confusion to me as it is to you...please forgive me, I should never have treated you like the way I did earlier." Yugi stood up. You looked at him and he held out a hand, "Come on, let's go home, and just as I said earlier, I will answer all of your questions my friend."

_____________________________