Chapter 20 - The truth

Cataleya's POV

I took a gasp of breath and opened my eyes, sweat was trickling down my face and my shirt was wet with sweat and blood. The stench of my own blood was sickening making my head spin, I looked around and men dressed in black robes with hoods covering every inch of their skin were standing around me. They each had a fire torch in their hands holding it towards me, the flames were moving wildly. I tried getting up but it was as if I was glued to the chair.

"HELP!" I screamed as loud as I could, but it was no use no one moved a muscle.

I struggled against the seat trying to get up, my head was spinning and my throat was dry. Not enough oxygen was reaching my lungs, the smell of my own blood was sickening.

One of the hooded figures slowly took their robe off and it was a male, I tried to figure out who he was. After half a minute my vision was clear and I finally saw who the mysterious male was.

Daniel.

Was he here to save me? Does he still love me? Or was he working with the others? Many other questions were running through my mind but I didn't have the answers to any of them.

"Cataleya, what a lovely surprise." Something was wrong, this isn't my Daniel. My Daniel would run up to me and kiss me then he would do anything to save me. He moved closer and traced his fingers along my cheek.

I looked up and I saw love mixed with hatred in his eyes. Before I could ask what he was doing here, he slapped me hard making my head turn to the right. My hair was covering the side of my face so he couldn't see the tears forming in my eyes.

"Look at me..." He whispered but I didn't obey him, I kept my face hidden.

"I SAID LOOK AT ME!" This time he shouted and I flinched in fear, this definitely isn't the Daniel I knew.

I slowly turned my head towards him and when he saw my wet cheeks he started laughing. "Pathetic Cataleya just pathetic, you're meant to be the strong and powerful one...what happened?"

No answer, I had nothing to say to him. He should know he was the reason I turned weak.

A hooded person handed Daniel the torch, the flame was wild yet beautiful. I didn't know how long I stared at the flame but it felt like forever but then I noticed something....the flames were getting closer and closer. My heart quickened it's pace and my hands became sweaty, before I knew it I was on fire.

Daniel had set me on fire...

The fire was eating its way to my organs, my vision became blurry yet I could see Daniels face crystal clear. He was watching me burn but he wasn't doing anything about it, he was smiling. A smile which would haunt me even in hell.

________________

My eyes opened and I was back in the warehouse, I looked at my body and it was sweaty and bloody but there was no sign of burnt skin.

It was just a nightmare, a sickening dark twisted nightmare.

But the sharp stabbing pain was still there, my shirt was drenched in blood and sweat. I felt dizzy and I coughed blood up multiple times, the only word that could describe me right now is...inhumane, I didn't look like a normal human being nor an angel but something far worst.

"Ella está despierta (she's awake)."

A laugh echoed through the warehouse. "Y no por mucho tiempo (well not for long)." Said the person.

"Cataleya, I must say you are not as beautiful as they say." A handsome man in his late 20s stood by the door, he had dark brown hair with dark brown eyes. If I was in a describing mood I could go on forever about how handsome he is.