《35 - Recovering》

"Hey... Chris... Come on, buddy, wake up...."

Chris groaned as he tried to wake up, a familiar voice calling out to him.

He sighed as his eyes slowly opened, being blinded by the bright white light.

"Is this death...?" he thought.

He opened his eyes further and groaned as he shifted and looked around, immediately spotting Angelo, who smiled at him.

"A-Ang?" Chris mumbled, realizing there was an oxygen tube on his own face.

"Yeah, hey," Angelo smiled. Chris then noticed he was in a wheelchair, arms wrapped in bandages and wearing a hospital gown. "Welcome back to the land of the living."

Chris sighed and shifted a bit. "What... What happened?"

"You and Ricky got caught in the fire, almost didn't make it," he frowned. "Then again, a lot of us almost didn't."

Chris took a deep breath. "Ricky..."

"Recovering like a lot of us are. Only ones in critical condition are him, Kuza, Maria, Andy and Ash," Angelo sighed.

"Wha.... What about Alex Dorame?" Chris asked.

"She's alive, and stable... But it may be a while before she wakes up, then she needs to be moved to detox for a couple of days. But Johnnie's alive, and should waking up soon. Balz and Ryan Ashley are with them," Angelo said. "They're gonna be okay."

Chris sighed and nodded. "And me... What's the damage?"

"You inhaled some smoke from the fire, and had some busted ribs and a broken leg," Angelo said. "But doctor says you should be fine after some days here."

Chris nodded as then the door opened and Devin was there.

"You sneaky bastard, you," Devin huffed. "You should be in bed, mister!"

Angelo chuckled. "Just wanted to check up on our friends, babe."

"Well, at least he's awake," he smiled. "Had us worried there, hun."

"How's Matt and Kuza?" Chris asked.

"Matt's okay. Just had a stab in his arm from one of the vampires, but..." he frowned with a pained look.

Chris's eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

"Kuza was out for a long time. Defibrillator almost couldn't revive him..." Angelo said.

Chris'd eyes widen in horror. "I-Is he...?"

"No, no, he's alive.... But will be in a coma for a while..." Devin said, voice shaky. "Matt's not taking it so well... Won't leave his side or anything."

"What about you?" Chris asked.

"Its.... Complicated," he frowned. "I'll tell you later."

Chris frowned. "And the others?"

"Ash has a severe concussion, and some broken bones," Angelo said. "Maria is in the same condition."

"Andy got crushed by some crates and is in a medically induced coma, but recovering, and Ricky...." Devin stopped.

Chris sat up at the mention of Ricky's name. "What about Ricky?"

Angelo sighed. "His lung was punctured by 3 broken ribs, and he got the worst from the smoke apparently. He needed multiple surgeries to repair it, and his back was also injured by some stuff that fell on him. It... Its not looking good for him," Angelo said.