《8 - Under Your Wing》

Chris and Angelo made their way through the crowd at Sinful, some female dancers entertaining the men on stage, music booming against the speakers.

"Let's hope we find something good," Chris said.

"Agreed," Angelo said.

We made it to the hall of the dressing rooms, only to see a guy slam one of the male dancers against a wall.

Chris realized it was the small one who danced with Ghost on stage.

"Look here, if I say I want head, you give it to me no matter what," the taller guy sneered.

"I-I'm sorry, but... But I can't," the small dancer mumbled, looking down.

Chris felt angered as he walked over and held up his badge.

"Mind leaving my brother alone?" Chris snapped at the guy.

The man backed up, glaring at him and the small dancer.

"This isn't over, Matt," the man snapped with a slur, indicating he was drunk.

Chris sighed and looked back at the quivering dancer once the man left.

"You okay?" Chris asked.

The small dancer, Matt, nodded. "T-Thank you, sir."

"Its nothing. But one question, ummm..." Chris said.

"Matt..... Matt Patlan, but my stage name is Bats," he said.

It wasn't necessary for him to say his real name and all, but Chris was sure that he felt he had to, since he was in the presence of police.

"Okay, Matt, how old are you?" Chris asked.

Matt was quiet before he answered. "19, sir."

"How did you end up here?" Angelo asked.

He hesitated to answer.

"We're cops, we won't judge," Chris said.

He hesitated more, but then spoke.

"My dad found out I liked guys, and he kicked me out...." he whimpered. "I needed a place, Kuza provided this one for me to work as a dancer, mostly for the hoops. But some guys think I'm...."

Chris and Angelo frowned at the shy little dancer. "I'm sorry I asked," Chris said.

"Its okay, sir," Matt said, looking up at me.

His eyes... They looked familiar....

"You don't have to say sir," I said.

Just then a door opened and Devin walked out, wearing a short leather dress and fishnets, hair done neatly as she looked around before his eyes fell upon Matt, and us.

"Oh my god, what happened?" he said, running over and protectively grabbing Matt, who sort of clung to him.

"Easy now, Devin. Matt had some trouble, we got him out of it," Angelo said.

Devin sighed and checked Matt, as if a mother checking her lost son she found in the department store for any injuries.

"Go to my dressing room," he said.

He nodded meekly and walked over to Devin's dressing room.

"Who was it?" Devin asked, crossing his arms.

"Hairy guy, muscle.... Some tattoos," Angelo said.

Devin looked like he thought it over, then looked pissed.

"Danny...." He snapped. "That son of a bitch."

"He always bothering you two?" Chris asked.

"Mostly Matt. He's a regular drunk, but thinks this is some whorehouse, even though we sometimes please a customer or two, nothing too constant, only if they pay a really good extra amount," Devin said. "Liked Matt, had two nights with him, but was too rough on him, but apparently claimed him," Devin said, rolling his eyes.

"How old was Matt when he came here?" Angelo asked.

"He was only 17. Mother was a druggie who died when he was a kid, father was a beater, kicked him out when he found out Matt was gay. Me and Kuza take care of him. He had just turned 18 when he got with Danny," she said.

"Poor kid," Angelo said. "I can see why you took him under your wing."

"Yeah. But to be honest, with Roadkill on the lose,I'm worried Danny could be next," Devin said. "He may be a drunk asshole, but he's not someone who makes people's lives miserable, clearly doesn't deserve to die. He just loses his head."

"Doubt Roadkill has time for drunks like him," Angelo said. "Besides, just looks like one of those idiots who end up hurting themselves from tripping on the sidewalk over a bush."

"We'll see. Best i take Matty with me. Chris, he can be your escort," Devin said, and went back to his dressing room. "You guys can wait outside with Kuza."

The agents nodded and went our seperate ways, going over to the bar.

"You guys ready to meet with Demon?" Kuza asked, serving them their drinks.

"Yeah. Devin is just getting your friend, Matt, ready. Bringing him with us," Angelo said.

"What? Why?" Kuza asked, confused.

"Your hairy regular bearly got to him," Angelo said, sipping his drink.

Kuza then had this extremely concerned look in his face. "Is he okay?! What happened?!"

"Kuza, relax. We got to him, he's with Devin, he's alright. Danny left," Chris said

Kuza sighed with relief. "He stays with me, then. I'll be driving you to Demon's club. Jinxx here is gonna cover for me."

"Alright," Angelo said, and then Devin, or now Ghost, arrived with Matt, both dressed up in short dresses and heels and fishnets, dark make up and hair either did up or let down. Matt, or should I say Bats, still looked nervous.

"We're ready," Devin said.

"Lovely," Angelo said as they got up and soon they were off.

~~~~~~

Before anyone comments: No, I don't hate Danny Worsnop. I just needed a tough guy for this, and couldn't think of anyone to fit the profile, so I just chose him.

Remember, this is an alternate universe.

Let me know what you guys think of the story so far. Personally, I feel I could have done better with this chapter, but I wanted to give Matt a kind of important part, so I kind of just winged it with this chapter a bit.

Really sorry if it sucks. :/

♡~ sapphire.