《14 - Interrogation》

"Got a hit on our Brazen victim," Dr. Balz said, handing Chris a file

Chris sighs and open the file, looking through it.

"Nicole Arbour, 24," he read. "Crap, here with a Canada passport? State Department's already on our asses for Pepper, now we need the Canadian government involved?"

"She was alive during the whole fire," Dr. Balz said.

"Damn it," Chris said. "Well, there's a number here, I'll call him soon after interviewing Matt, see what she did to get herself killed."

We then saw as Agent Pitts exited the elevator and escorted a frightened Matt with him.

Matt looked at me, confused and worried, before they went to an interrogation room.

"Kid is pretty short, Chris. Doubt he would be able to pull something like this," Dr. Balz said, pointing at the file.

"I know... But its my job to explore every single clue, and the top one is that Watkins made his older sister hang herself, which sounds like motive," I said. "I hate this as much as the next guy."

Dr. Balz sighed.

"Let's just hope his family is understanding," Dr. Balz said. "I really don't want to see this kid take any heat for something he didn't do."

"Yeah, you and me both," Chrs said, remembering Devin's agressive nature.

"I need to get going, see what else the interns found on Arbour's body," Dr. Balz said.

"We'll keep you all updated," Chris said as Dr. Balz left and I went to interrogation.

~~~

"Hey there, Matt," Chris said as he and TJ walked into the interrogation room. Angelo watched from to one way mirror as Matt sat there nervously.

"W-Why am I here, sir?" Matt mumbled, obviously scared of something.

"Go easy on him, guys. My life depends on it," Angelo sighed.

"We just have a few questions for you about the case we're working on," Chris said. "Remember? The one we spoke to Demon about?"

Matt nodded a bit nervously. "I remember... I didn't hear a lot about it though, so... Why would you need me?"

"We'll just cut to the chase here," TJ said, placing his hands against the table. "You're here because we have reason to believe you whacked a rapist, gutted an inmate you might know, and barbecued a Canadian chick."

Well, so much for easy. Thought Angelo, as Chris shushed him.

"W-Wait, what?" Matt asked, now confused. "I didn't kill anyone."

Why Angelo agreed to let TJ go in there is beyond him. When he heard about a possible suspect being bought in, he said, and I quote, 'see the asshole that's been a pain in his ass for the year he worked the case.'

Angelo is starting to think he should have made sure nobody told him.

"Out of my way!" a familiar voice suddenly shouted outside and then the door flung open, revealing a REALLY pissed off Devin.

"You son of a bitch!" he snapped, storming over to Angelo.

"Devin, please, we can expla-"

SMACK!

Angelo's head snapped to the side as the impact of Devin's hand to his cheek echoed in the room.

"How could you?! You asshole!!" Devin sneered as Kuza rushed in. "After all I've done for you, the shit I've pulled to get you what you needed or get your stupid ass out of trouble and this is how you repay me?!?!"