Chapter 19

Today is the day that Killian is coming over to meet my parents. I'm quite nervous about what they'll think of him. Well, no. I'm just nervous about what my dad will think of him. He is over protective of me and to be honest, I could see him trying to kill Killian.. My mom on the other hand, I'm not worried about. My mother is incredibly excited to meet him.

All day my mom has been running around the house, cleaning and cooking. She is trying to make the house look the best it can because she thinks this will be the first time Killian has been to our house.. He has actually been to our house quite a few times when my parents weren't home and I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate knowing that I had a boy in the house..especially without them home.

We still have about two hours before Killian shows up. I told Killian to wear what he normally wears. Nothing fancy. I am wearing a loose, red tank top, white jeans, and a beanie. I curled my long blonde hair and put just a bit of make up on.

I could hear my mother running around downstairs, yelling at my dad to hell her clean so I decided to help her out.

I walked downstairs and found my mom. She was in the living room, dusting everything.

"Mom, calm down. I'm sure he won't care if there is one little spot of dust," I chuckled at her.

"You haven't had a boy over since Neal! I want to make the place look nice." She said.

I heard my dads voice from behind me. "Emma's right. You need to take at least take a break from cleaning and cooking. We still have two hours until he shows up."

I turned around and smiled at him. He smiled back and walked away.

"Mom, please just sit down and rest. Read a book or play on your phone or something. I just don't want you to stress over this." I said, putting my hand on her shoulder.

"Alright, fine. But only a 20 minute break and then I need to clean and finish cooking." My mother said while sitting down on the couch.

I smiled at her. "Thank you."

•••

I heard the doorbell ring and I ran to the door before my parents could answer it. I opened it to see Killian wearing dark jeans and a black leather jacket. I opened my mouth to tell him to come in when my mother pushed me away and engulfed Killian in a hug.

"Oh, I'm so glad I get to finally meet you!" My mother said happily.

Killian awkwardly hugged her back. "I'm glad we've finally met too." He chuckled.

My dad walked over to us and crossed his arms over his chest with a stern look on his face. "So, you're Killian?" He said, bitterly.

My mom let go of Killian and Killian straightened out his leather jacket. "Yes, sir." I could tell by Killian's voice that he's nervous.

"How about we eat!" My mom clapped her hands together and started walking to the kitchen. We all followed behind her.

While we were walking I mouth 'you'll be fine.' To Killian. He smiled at me.

We all sat down. Killian sat next to me and my parents sat across from us. We all started to eat dinner.

"So, Killian, why do you want to date my daughter?" My father asked, out of the blue.

I put my hand to my forehead. Seriously?

"David!" My mom shouted at him.

"What? I need to know!"

I looked over at Killian. He looks really uncomfortable.

"U-um.. I just..really like her..and..um.." Killian stuttered. His face turned red.

"How about we talk about something else." I suggested.

"Like what?" My dad asked. He didn't look at me while he asked..the entire time he just glared at Killian.

"I don't know..just..anything other then that." I said, awkwardly.

My mother looked at Killian. "Do you have a job?" She asked, sweetly.

"Not at the moment, no. But I am looking for one." Killian replied.

"That's nice. Is there anything in particular that you would want as a job?"

"I'm not really sure just yet. Right now I'm pretty much just looking for anything that pays well." Killian smiled at my mom. He then put his hand on my thigh and I put my hand on top of his to comfort him.

My dad clenched his jaw and glared daggers at Killian. Killian then realized why he was pissed. My dad saw him out his hand on my thigh.. He then quickly pulled his hand away and went back to eating his food.

Once we were all done with dinner, we stood up.

My mom shook Killian's hand. "It was nice to meet you." She said as a huge smile spread across her face.

Killian nodded his head. "It was very nice to meet both of you." He then turned and gave me hug. "Thanks for inviting me." He whispered in my ear and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed.

•••

Killian's POV

I smiled at Emma.

"How about I walk you out?" Emma's father, David, suggested. They way he asked was quite harsh.

"I'm not so sure.." Emma's mother, Mary Margret got cut off by David.

"No, I insist!" David said.

I looked at Emma to see her with a worried look on her face. I smiled at her to comfort her.

David and I walked outside. When the door was shut and we walked a bit farther down the driveway, he turned to me. "I suggest you stay away from my daughter." He said, sternly.

"Sir-" I was cut off.

"No. Emma is not some conquest." He spat, angrily at me.

I clenched my fists. "I wouldn't risk my life for someone I see as loot. Whatever we become, it's up to her as much as me."

David huffed, angrily. "I don't trust you."

"Well then you are going to have to learn to trust me because I really do like your daughter," I said and walked to my car. I got in and slammed the door, angrily.

I drove off, back to my house.

That entire dinner was quite uncomfortable for me. David glared at me the entire time. I know he doesn't feel like I'm good enough for Emma, but I feel like I am. I have protected Emma from Neal many times. Although, I'm not able to mention that since they aren't aware of what Neal did to Emma.

I guess I am going to have to get used to David's angry stares because I don't plan on leaving my Swan just because of her parents.

I want David trust me. I want to show him that I am good enough for Emma. It may take some time, but I will gain his trust.

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm sorry this chapter is short :/ but I hope you enjoyed this chapter anyways! If you did and you would like me to continue this story, please vote and comment. :)