Chapter 11

Sunshadow rushed back into the apprentice den, his jaws full of fresh kill. He dropped a mouse in front of Sagepaw. "Here, eat." He meows. "When Deathstar gets back, I'll tell him to assign you a mentor. I can help you train, if you'd like."

Sage nodded, watching as Featherpaw left. Surprised, she whipped around to face Sunshadow, sighing in relief when it was only him. "Thank you." She mewed, tearing into the fresh kill. "That'd be great!"

Sunshadow smiled, shifting his paws awkwardly. "No problem, do you think we should introduce you to the others?"

"Oh, uh ye-yes!" He stammered, then cleared his voice. "And.. You're right Sagepaw, we'll just wait for Deathstar and Dawncloud to come back." He meowed. "Hopefully they'll get used to having you soon." He added.

Sagepaw raised a brow, "Alright." She mewed, listening to the tom intently. "Sounds good, thank you, Sunshadow." She flicked her tail, yawning.

Deathstar licked blood off his muzzle, entering camp once more. "Kittypet." He whispered to Dawncloud, glancing towards Sagepaw from afar. "I should've killed her myself."

Sunshadow let out a small sigh, then stalked away from the apprentice den, toward the fresh kill pile.

Dawncloud nodded, her eyes darkening at the sight of the she-cat. "Well, why did you let her join?" She questioned her mate, her tail twitching with irritation.

Watching the Tom leave, Sagepaw flicked an ear of acknowledgement towards his departure. "Okay then."

"I didn't have a choice," Deathstar spat, glaring towards his kin. "Sunshadow wouldn't let me hear the end up it if I killed her." He smirked, "We could always drown her, she seems clumsy anyways. Nobody would know the difference."

Mossleaf, the medicine cat, stood in front of the two. "What's this about drowning a cat?"

"Idiot." Sunshadow hissed to himself, snatching a rabbit from the fresh kill pile. He settled down in the warriors den, crouching down to enjoy his meal.

"Well IT'S a kittypet!" Dawncloud growled, "who cares about what Sunshadow thinks? He'll turn as soft as her if we let that mousedung stay." She added, clawing the earth in frustration.

Mossleaf narrowed her eyes. "With all due respect, Deathstar. What exactly are you talking about?"

Freezing, Deathstar completely ignored his medicine cat, turning towards Dawncloud. "Then we'll just have to kill him too, won't we?"