Chapter 8

Deathstar gnawed on a bone, turning towards Sunshadow. "Brother." He muttered simply.

Sunshadow quickly stopped at his den. "Listen, I know this may sound like a mouse brained idea.. But Sage should join Darkclan. She has more fighting skills then I do, and I think she will stay loyal to our clan." He meowed.

Deathstar glared towards his brother, the bone beginning to crack as he bit down on it. "You let the kittypet go?!" He roared, claws unsheathing. "Pathetic. If she can fight better than you." He scoffed, "Let me see her."

Sunshadow let out a sigh of relief. "Okay, she's just outside the camp." He meowed calmly. "Let's go."

Deathstar just nodded, following after his brother, an angered look plastered on his face.

Sage looked up, cocking her head like a dog would.

Sunshadow trotted after him his tail held high. "Trust me Deathstar she's worth it." He muttered

Sunshadow stood beside Sage, and meowed "Maybe you should show him."

Sage turned to Sunshadow for a moment, whispering. "Show him what? That I could beat his ass?"

Deathstar stood, unimpressed.

Sunshadow looked around desperately "...Ok just attack me and show him your skills."

"You?" Sage asked, shocked. "I'd much rather beat his ass." She smirked, turning towards Deathstar. "Your move." She hissed, puffing her chest, unintimidated.

Deathstar chuckled, closing his eyes and shaking his head. "You think you could fig-" He let out an awkward hiss as he was thrown to the ground, Sage ontop of him. "Foxdung!" He spat, clawing at her ears wickedly.

Sunshadow watched, his eyes widened. "Please how him you can join our clan Sage." He muttered under his breath.

Sage let out a strangled breath, pushing the Tom down with her paws, slowing sinking her claws into his shoulders.

"Get off of me!" Deathstar spat, shoving the she-cat off of her. "I have no time for you." He glared towards both cats, "She can stay. For now, since I need to hunt." He turned back towards Sage, "You better watch your back though." He began to walk away, "Oh yeah. You will be treated as an apprentice, until you've been properly trained. Your name is Sagepaw." He smirked, leaving.